'Bloom County' coming back after 25-year hiatus

0neiros

Master Member
YES YES YES...AAACCCKK TTHHHPPPPBBBB!!!
Now if Watterson and Larson would pop up. I'd love to see
a Bloom County and Pearls Before Swine Crossover or 12.

Not going to be the same.

That Strip was linked forever hand in hand with the times it was done, the 80's.

The smartest thing Berke did was walk away and imo he should have done it a year or two earlier

Problem now is he's going to be attacked by the PC police every chance but at least no editor can mangle his work.

Bloom County on it's worst day is better than anything we have now. Hi & Lois? B.C.? Pearls Before Swine? Beatle Bailey? Terrible!

Only Fox Trot comes close and it's only in Sunday's paper.

He just posted the second strip! July 15 7:00am

11754783_1005349752829111_7523182674048108770_o.jpg

Here is the first one from July 13

11111956_1004028256294594_1412511863154266381_o.jpg

Bloom County on it's worst day is better than anything we have now. Hi & Lois? B.C.? Pearls Before Swine? Beatle Bailey? Terrible!

Only Fox Trot comes close and it's only in Sunday's paper.
Mutts is pretty darn good. Heck, even Charles Schulz once called it his favorite written strip and one of the best strips out there. But while I do admit Bloom was one of the best.... Beatle Baily, B.C.? Those are classics themselves. The ones that suck are all the newer ones like: For Better or Worse, Pooch Cafe, Rose, among a bunch of other ones.

And Peaels before Swine, to me, is on the way to cementing itself in the list of classic strips in history.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back