Limited Run Blade Runner Whiskey Glasses by Magnoli Props

I'm checking with the factory, but I believe these will be lead-free crystal. We've never shipped anything quite so fragile, so fingers will be tightly crossed!

As for measurements, if there is an overwhelming preference for a slightly taller glass, let us know. I'm not sure what kind of tolerance there is in measurements... this is all a bit of a learning curve for us too.

I have an original 80s glass, if you need any more reference pictures and sizing, let me know :)

That said, for ease of manufacturing and price, I wouldn't oppose having PETE tumblers. There are plastics manufacturers that could do it. They would be durable and useable for drinking.

The same is true of the JW bottle.

First physical sample:

kwihXBr.jpg
5TnzMH6.jpg

The volume came up a bit smaller than the modern ones, even though we went taller, so we're going to reduce the wall thickness (which will actually increase accuracy, I believe) and get us closer to the 12.5oz of the originals.

It is true that lead leaching is an occurrence in leaded glass, but the quantity that leaches into a glass of wine or other beverage, even when let stand for a few hours, is much smaller than the quantity of lead consumed daily in an ordinary diet so it is safe to consume food or drink from crystal glassware.

For context, I am a glass-worker myself and a health & safety advisor for a large glass-making business which uses lead in it’s products.

Last edited:
Thinner walls, so it's now up to about 11.5oz (340ml) which is still a bit less than the modern versions. Maybe our thicker bottom (to make it more like the 70s/80s version) is the cause of the lower capacity.

View attachment 1636448
Looks stellar. Has the base been widened on these? It looks slightly thinner in the base than the original. Overall great work.

Thinner walls, so it's now up to about 11.5oz (340ml) which is still a bit less than the modern versions. Maybe our thicker bottom (to make it more like the 70s/80s version) is the cause of the lower capacity.

View attachment 1636448
If someone has the 70/80’s version to double check volume. If the older ones are more like 340ml then in my opinion the volume discrepancy isn’t a problem needed to be solved.

I think most people would prefer an exact match to the original glasses and don't really care about the actual volume.

An exact match to the originals will still hold ~plenty~ of JWB—if you happen to finish your glass, just refill it.

Just double checked with someone who has a vintage one and the 37cl capacity actually measured out to only 330ml. So, I guess we're pretty much on the mark. So the question is now... do we advertise it as a 340ml glass (which is actually is) or "round it up" to match the original specs. Maybe I'll just call these 12oz glasses. That sounds good. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back