Blade runner weapons in general - and leon's gun - cop357

Stonejenson

Being a great fan of the original movie, when I discovered people like Adam Savage and Bill Doran, watching their videos inspired me. When BR 2047 came out, and I saw the water pistol version of Deckards blaster - I had to have one, and following Bill's great video, and adding some mods of my own, I turned one of these -
IMG_20180411_125005[1].jpg
into this
IMG_20180422_132933[1].jpg

You can watch a photo-comp video of it here if you want -

So then, after being gutted I couldn't take it with me when I went to see the Secret Cinema Bladerunner event, (which was amazing! btw) I decided to add to my collection with a couple of 3D printed models of Agent K and Luv's blasters. Still working on these -
IMG_20181117_135908[1].jpg

Tried water transfer printing to get the carbon fibre look, but some of it dissolved when I did a topcoat.

IMG_20181117_135901[1].jpg

But after seeing a lot of info, I discovered the COP357 derringer, Leon's gun (by all reports a normal version was used as opposed to the concept version that may have been designed from one for the film.) But I thought the standard version was good enough for me, how can I get one?
Marushin did an airsoft version - not a chance anymore. there are some terribly bad models available on Etsy, and a few free, or cheap stl files around, but they either had the wrong shaped body, no top sight/slide lock, a completely wrong circular hinge system and so on. There is one good looking stl file out there that looks the part, but doesn't show whether it is in seperate pieces, other than the main body and the grips, so I'm not so sure I want to spend 50 euros to find out.
So I decided to design one myself in Fusion 360.

mycop5.PNG

mycop4.PNG

Getting the body curves right, and the complex curvature of the grips, with an as close to knurled texture as I can was hard work, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm going to get it organised for 3D printing, and it's more then just a body and grips. Yes the barrel will pivot, it has an ejector rod, sliding lock (which with a small spring and a pin will operate like the real thing. The trigger too could be sprung, and slides in through the back, where the rear section slots in, again kinda lije the real thing.

designLEONsGun.PNG

nice one,if it works out maybe you could do a run of them.(y)
I've finished the design for now, and sent stl files to a guy that will test print it for me. Then if all goes well, might try and sell some - working out a commission with the printer guy. Trouble is he has had issues with other 'weapons' and had to stop selling on Ebay, Etsy too is getting harder, so I'm not sure what avenue to pursue when it comes to trying to market it at the moment.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back