Limited Run Blade Runner Roy Batty Trench Coat!

Hello freinds,

My first impression of was, this is full black coat but,
Yesterday I saw Rick Howard post,
he shared some great images that made me easy to final decision.
The coat piping was orange/red origignally then they weathered them in black color, as props store london described.
Please check this image.

292606710_10159112869374480_3337783311380314363_n.jpg

The coat piping was orange/red origignally then they weathered them in black color, as props store london described.
Please check this image.
Yeah that's the same one that appeared in the Deadline article - notice the bottom cuffs and sides stripes on the pants as well. I wonder if the same thing happened with any other Blade Runner costumes...

Why this coat looks smaller to me when I comparison to Adam savage's height?
Is Rutger Hauer height smaller than Adam?
Rutger Hauer was 6' 1" while Adam is 5' 11" - but Propstore has the coat displayed on an average-size mannequin. When they pan down, you can see that the bottom of the coat is much closer to the ground than in the photo above.

Piping looks great!

Hey all,
I tried making tubing collar, orange tube with black leather.
How does look to you?
View attachment 1635101View attachment 1635103View attachment 1635102
Curse you Jameel Ur !!!!
I was on the fence of getting this coat but I finally got around to watching asavage video on the jacket…. And I need it.
Also for added detail accuracy, I noticed the seam in the center of the neck orange piping is actually not centered, but clocked to the right a bit, clockwise.

Jameel Ur Tandy is currently sold out of the black so I got the Antique Nickel Finish, which will look good as is or with a bit of weathering. I also found another source for the clasps in black available HERE. Neither is a perfect match, but in some ways the alternative is a closer match [the plus is it includes attachment rivets]

Attachments

• RB-CLASP-X2.jpg
    RB-CLASP-X2.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 81
  • RB-CLASP.jpg
    RB-CLASP.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 70
Jameel Ur Tandy is currently sold out of the black so I got the Antique Nickel Finish, which will look good as is or with a bit of weathering. I also found another source for the clasps in black available HERE. Neither is a perfect match, but in some ways the alternative is a closer match [the plus is it includes attachment rivets]
Thank you for sharing a link.
I asked my brother purchase few sets in black color from Tandy. I don't know he bought or forgot .
I hope I'll get them until I completed new coat sample. Currently I'm seeing what mistakes we made in mockup sample.
Thanks again and keep in touch.

Jameel Ur You've got a great start so far. I attached a pic of some observations.
  • I think the frontal collar flap is close to centered when the coat is closed; also, it looks like it should be a tad wider?
  • The left closes over the right to about that third vertical tube detail, so it looks like you have enough over lap where the front collar flap will be closer to centered.
  • It appears they sewed the clasps on instead of rivets [so they don't show?] but rivets would offer greater durability.

Attachments

• RB-specs-01.jpg
    RB-specs-01.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 100
  • RB-91E.jpg
    RB-91E.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 95
Having Jameel's amazing Deckard and his customer service amazing as well- I am very Interested in this pending the finals. Great job as always Jameel - you rock!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back