Unlimited Run Blade Runner inspired light up chessboard

Ok guys.

Firstly sorry for being utterly useless and ignoring all PMs and messages on here.

I’ve had a a very busy few weeks with a business I own and run and that unfortunately has had to take precedent over hobbies. I know this is frustrating but I travel a lot for work both in the UK and abroad and am away usually 5 days at a time, sometimes (and frequently) back to back weeks. Work has been unusually busy for this time of year, I normally do a few days on/ few days off but this hasn’t been the case recently.

The wood supplier I use is frankly useless. I put an order in for more American walnut a month ago and still haven’t received the wood yet. I need to find another supplier but that’s proved tricky.

The Good news:

I have every intention to fulfill all orders as promised; I shall update the list with the new orders later today if I get time. I’m going to speak to a supplier at the end of the week (I have a free day Friday) so I’ll try and secure another order for wood.

Your patience is appreciated and I have no intention to leave you guys without boards for your pieces!

Bash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fragment, you are still next on the list mate, I haven’t forgotten you! Once I have the wood and a spare couple of days yours will be on the way.

This is also the reason I haven’t take. Any money up front for any orders; it would be unfair to take the cash and make you all wait so long for the boards.

I shall endeavour in the coming weeks to get up to date.

Hope you all understand.

No worries at all, Bash - we love your work, and after getting GG's birds chess set, we're all eager to play :D

Thanks for your understanding dude!

I haven't even ordered a set off him yet! Need to get on that haha

Ok guys sadly no time at present due to work commitments but i'm going to set aside a few days to get cracking on these as and when I can.

I'm working away every week at the minute and just honestly don't have the time. I WILL be continuing to build these, and I HAVE received all PMs.

October and November are also completely rammed full of work, but I currently have no work in December. I am going to try to sort these before then, especially people like Fragment who have been waiting for ages but these boards take time to do correctly and as I stay away for the whole week I can't even work on these in the evenings. I've updated the list on the first post and when I get through this insane chunk of work i'm gonna try and make all of them at once so you guys aren't waiting until next christmas.

I'll keep you all posted with updates as and when I can, hope you don't lose faith.

Bash.

Last edited:
These look amazing, I'm in UK any chance of getting on the list for a walnut version still? I realise this is a slow burner but really want this one!

Last edited:
Right guys. It's been a long time but as you know life sometimes gets in the way of hobbies. I am planning on returning to these very soon, just trying to sort out sourcing materials for the boards. Wood being the hardest thing for me to track down.

I will be sending PMs out to all people who were on the old list FIRST, seeing if they still want a board. I may be revising materials used and possibly only offering one type of board for the time being to make the manufacturing easier for me. I am trying to navigate my other business through this covid situation and that will as i've always sad take precedent, however, i'm hoping with one style of board for the time being i'l be able to get all orders out much quicker and can dedicate a couple of weeks to making them.

In terms of timescale, i'm going to try and contact suppliers this week for materials, and although I'm expecting longer delivery times i'm remaining hopeful that i'll be able to source what I need. I'll keep you all posted in the coming weeks.

Lastly, as for new interest, i'll update this thread once old orders are out the door.

Again sorry for the year or so delay everyone. It's pretty annoying waiting for stuff, I just hope you're all still interested.

Bash.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back