Unlimited Run Blade Runner - Deckard's Blaster (Version 3)

Re: 3D Printed Blade Runner Gun Kit

Thank you Sean! Those pictures help a lot. We will have some updated screenshots of the model uploaded tonight.

I don't know very much about these blasters, only that they're incredibly beautiful when done right. I also noticed that some people go over the grips with the red sharpie to get the orange that they love. It would be nice to not have to do that. :)

Hello! Although this is my first post, I've been following the RPF for several months while looking for a BR blaster. This is exactly what I was hoping would pop up. I'd rather not spend the big bucks on a Tomenosuke, but I really, really want to put something together. This is perfect. Feel free to sign me up. I'm confident you'll knock something out of the park.

No kidding. I recently saw a Tomenosuke go for nearly $2000. For whatever reason a Coyle was selling for less, even though it's more accurate!

I would pay for just a clear set of grips. I like the one tomenosuke made with the silver or nickle finish...

rgriesbeck, what material with the metal looking parts be? Would it be up to us to paint them to look like metal?

No kidding. I recently saw a Tomenosuke go for nearly $2000. For whatever reason a Coyle was selling for less, even though it's more accurate!
I know. Rely wish I would have got one of them when they first come out.

PUT ME ON THE LIST NOW!!! :lol

Seriously, I will message you my phone number so you can call me when this goes live so I don't miss out on it!!! :)

Your Samaritan kit was so awesome, I can't wait to get this one!!

Here's a couple new pics, getting closer. Hope to be printing a prototype soon

Base Mesh:

Higher Res Mesh

Your more than welcome. here are some of my off world.

View attachment 304376View attachment 304377View attachment 304378

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

rgriesbeck, what material with the metal looking parts be? Would it be up to us to paint them to look like metal?

They, like the samaritan, will be ABS plastic. As this is a kit, you'll need to paint and assemble it. There are some great chrome paints out there. The ABS plastic sands and paints really nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Interested depending price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aiming for & 150. This gun will not be easy to 3D print. It's going to take a lot of prototyping and will probably be a lot of pieces. I'd say it won't be cheaper than $150. We'll know more as we do more printing

- - - Updated - - -

PUT ME ON THE LIST NOW!!! :lol

Seriously, I will message you my phone number so you can call me when this goes live so I don't miss out on it!!! :)

Your Samaritan kit was so awesome, I can't wait to get this one!!

No worries man, don't give strangers your phone number :)

I have a real .44 bulldog cylinder and crane if you need pics and sizes of that part....

Shapeways has a high detail frosted looking material that requires minimal standing for surface prep. Perhaps this material would be more friendly to any sanding that you may want to do. It doesn't strike me as ABS. It was clear, and slightly sandy colored, but brittle.

Shapeways has a high detail frosted looking material that requires minimal standing for surface prep. Perhaps this material would be more friendly to any sanding that you may want to do. It doesn't strike me as ABS. It was clear, and slightly sandy colored, but brittle.

Not sure... ABS is tough, same stuff LEGO is made from. I'm planning on doing this with ABS, but also possibly using a clear or translucent PLA for the grips. The grips are one of the things that keep me up at night, that and how we're going to print the barrel...

Sorry I can't do the computer image stuff like every one here.

IMG_0586.JPG

I have seen some people stand on a ladder about 12 feet up and then zoom in with high definition cameras in order to get a proper undistorted view of their work. You may want to consider that close up photography will create perspective distortion and serve as an in accurate reference.

My ruler only has one perspective..but on the other hand the camera sucks...lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back