Blade Runner Blaster news: model kit version of the Tomenosuke Blaster is coming

I had exactly the same issue on first assembly, so you have very likely done the same thing I did. What stopped the hammer from working properly in my case was that I had used the wrong pin. There are two which are the same (small) diameter, but different lengths (I assume, since my hammer pin was missing).

One is for the ejector and holds it to the ejector shaft. The other is for the hammer and holds the small lever inside it. If you use the ejector pin in the hammer assembly, it sticks out into the groove, which should be clear of obstructions. Since it isn't clear, it snags on one of the parts attached to the frame.

Try swapping those two pins over...

Edit - Trent, I made a bunch of videos but I've never done it before and I couldn't come up with anything coherent enough to post. :lol

Don't worry though, it's really not that difficult. There are a couple of things the instructions could make clearer but they're good enough. Just be sure to identify the different types of fasteners, springs and pins correctly. There are several of each which look VERY similar but are not the same.

Boy, you guys are making me nervous. Has anyone by chance made an English manual or a video tutorial? I guess I'll just have to see for myself when I get mine.

No need to be nervous. The instructions are actually pretty good, even without being in English. I had mine together and working properly within a few hours. There were only a couple parts where it was a little hard to see where some small screws went, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

I had exactly the same issue on first assembly, so you have very likely done the same thing I did. What stopped the hammer from working properly in my case was that I had used the wrong pin. There are two which are the same (small) diameter, but different lengths (I assume, since my hammer pin was missing).

One is for the ejector and holds it to the ejector shaft. The other is for the hammer and holds the small lever inside it. If you use the ejector pin in the hammer assembly, it sticks out into the groove, which should be clear of obstructions. Since it isn't clear, it snags on one of the parts attached to the frame.

Try swapping those two pins over...

Edit - Trent, I made a bunch of videos but I've never done it before and I couldn't come up with anything coherent enough to post. :lol

Don't worry though, it's really not that difficult. There are a couple of things the instructions could make clearer but they're good enough. Just be sure to identify the different types of fasteners, springs and pins correctly. There are several of each which look VERY similar but are not the same.

Nwerke, that was it! I switched the pins and the hammer works now, thank you! Now I have to contact Mune about 2 missing screws, blah! :unsure

Got a tracking number this morning. I'm assuming it's for EMS? anyone in the states remember how long it took once you got a tracking number?

Got a tracking number this morning. I'm assuming it's for EMS? anyone in the states remember how long it took once you got a tracking number?

I paid on last Thursday evening, got a tracking number an hour later, and it arrived this morning. I'm in California but I think the time should be about 2-3 business days. I would think you would get it by the end of the week (given the July 4th holiday)

I paid on last Thursday evening, got a tracking number an hour later, and it arrived this morning. I'm in California but I think the time should be about 2-3 business days. I would think you would get it by the end of the week (given the July 4th holiday)

Sweet, thanks. I'm in TX. I just looked it up and saw that it hit Chicago this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

awesome, that'll help a lot. Thank you.

Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you !. Very anxious time... I remember in 2010, I had a Rich Coyle Blaster go "missing" at the Sydney (Australia) airport during customs stage of it's voyage...The carrier were declaring it 'lost & missing' after two days or so "missing", but I insisted they keep looking for it.... After 3 days the parcel was found OK... they found it located inside the carrier's (FedEx) Holding Depot building next to the airport or something. The Blaster then safely continued on it's journey outside of Australia into the USA to the buyer.

Good news, after 7 weeks and many calls and mails I insisted in a second investigation and what can I say ? - they found the Blaster and I got him today from the local customs office !!! :) lucky day ! the outer box is slightly damaged, the content is inspected by customs and I still have to check if everything is in place, but at least it is not lost.
finally now I can look through all the build threads and hopefully can start to buiild my own blaster :)

Woot! Congrats!

Well today is my Birthday, and I just checked my tracking number to see that it's on the truck, out for delivery today! Happy birthday to me!
That has to be the quickest shipping ever. shipped Monday night from Japan. Delivered Wednesday to Texas.

Dave, Barrels look great! Thanks! IMG_6642.jpegIMG_6643.jpegIMG_6644.jpeg

I'm so excited about this. Everything is so expertly done! I noticed, looking through the instructions, that mine are in English and Japanese. Did they update the manual?

Whew those first few steps were a doozy. But man this is fun!! Trying to figure out how to get that screw in while pushing back the spring and plunger and at the same time not pushing the brass nut through the other side. I got both triggers on and stopped. Gotta clean before folks start showing up for my bday party.

I got mine done yesterday!

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

and the video:

Dave's steel Barrel was a perfect fit!

The only two things I left silver were by mistake. The cylinder swing arm that can be seen slightly and the toothed washer.

And OMG the cylinder release pin and spring made me want to rip hair out after it shot across the house. Luckily I found it. ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, yours looks fantastic!

Trent I know what you mean, I had to do that thumb catch twice, a right sod.

Congrats to you guys who've received yours after long waits. Marv, any news?

Just finished mine!

Still need to wet sand the paint to give it a mirror finish but aside from that, it's all done. Easier than I expected but still ran into a similar issue where the tiny thumb release pin flew out and I spend 15 minutes trying to find it on the ground

I opted to blue the metal parts then steel wool'd most of if off. I like the semi 2 tone look of the world con so I was going for that

Scott, yours looks fantastic!

Congrats to you guys who've received yours after long waits. Marv, any news?

I'll second these comments, the builds shown look amazing. As to news my letter of Restoration has been acknowledged it will so its going to take anything up to 4 weeks to find out how they are going to deal with it. I also earlier this week was visited. the guys that came were really good and I really do appreciate why it is they have this process. They went over my blasters checking them out and were more than happy that everything was on the level.
One of them knew all about the origins of the Blade Runner blaster, more than me that's for sure. I guess they'll report back hopefully it will help things its now simply a matter of wait and see.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back