Blade Runner Blaster Made in China removel help!

Sith4Life

Hey guys these are new to the market got it on Ebay. Purchased it for Cosplay stomping its not bad for what it is, The issue is it has made in China stamp on the base of the gun stock! LOL! I want to remove it with out having to repaint was thinking goo gone the one with citrus? Will this remove the black paint? Don't want to have to repaint this all over again can u help guys?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, anything that will remove the white, will probably take the shine off the black. Get some Q tips and test a small part of the white with some basic stuff like methylated spirits, eucalyptus oil and go from there. Citrus is a good start, but some of them are super strong and remove everything.

Can you share a link? For where you got it, looks pretty good for cosplay.

Also, maybe you could tape it off and scuff the bottom of the grip and just repaint the bottom part? Anything that removes the white paint, will remove the black paint too...:cry

Cheers, that looks like a really decent PKD ;) Way better than the one I got in my collection.

Would it work to use a black Sharpie and color it in? I haven't seen one of these in person so I'm just floating ideas out there.

Ted.

It feels a tad raised if I sharpie it u still see the shadow lol if any one is intrested in these look up bladerunner blaster in ebay its 150.00 free shipping from Japan I have to say it was mailed in less then 5 days! I will start with windex its amonia based.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw those on ebay. Yeah, funny they show a model that doesn't have the "MIC" on it and has different screw holes than what's on yours.

Another option would be to simply sand off the MIC, prime it and paint it with Duplicolor silver, since Deckard's gun had a silver butt plate anyway.

Last edited:
I would just use acetone to remove it. Just be gentle with it and neutralize once you have it off.

Even if it smears a bit or discolors the bottom of the butt plate, simple to mask and repaint it.

i painted mine silver, as the hero prop did indeed have silver buttplate -- took me all of 15 minutes...of course, the hero prop also had black bottom, which I did not do, but that would likely take all of 10 minutes to mask off and hit bottom with flat black.

Grabbed a can of silver Duplicolor spray paint and hit the butt plate -- no primer, sprayed directly to gun as received. Other than additional cost, not sure why they didn't paint it this way to begin with. If I thought it was worth the effort, I'd mask off and spray top portion and trigger guard with gun metal --- the metalizer paints would probably work nicely for this. But I think I'm going to just leave it as is.

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad137/tedalaneckel/IMG_4134_2_zps5b01b8f5.jpg

http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad137/tedalaneckel/IMG_4133_2_zps74581705.jpg

The one thing I feel is going to cost me is the holster real leather for 130.00 it's going to be a bite for the bullet but it's the only one produced out there that will hold it for cosplaying. Made by Phil @ stenshieder I beleive is the website?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 143
FYI - the amber grips unscrew from the gun, so you can remove them to make it easier to mask & paint the silver buttplate.

Seems that your best option for removing the white "made in China" text is to tape it off, and use a q-tip with some acetone like Luke0312 suggested.

A another good option is to paint it silver since the Hero prop is silver on that part of the gun like DrMcoy said.

That's a fine looking holster by the way.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back