Unlimited Run Blade Runner Blaster Illuminated Display Stand

Neon Nautilus

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is an open and unlimited run with stands made to order with a 2-3 week turnaround

This first post is an introduction to the stand. The second post just after this one covers pricing and how to place an order.

An introduction to the piece

Since first seeing Blade Runner in the early 90s I, like many of you, have been fascinated with Deckard's iconic sidearm.
For me, my Tomenosuke embodies all of those years gaining knowledge from studying the film, images and info from online forums; plus the many hours of work that went into finishing the kit.

Having finally made the replica I'd always coveted, it felt essential to display it in a way that reflects how highly I prize this object. Nothing available was quite right, so I set about designing something new.

My goals for this project were :
  • Create an artifact that felt like it belonged to the world of Blade Runner.
  • Include lighting, as it is such an important part of the visual language of Blade Runner.
  • Feature the iconic tile pattern from Deckard's apartment.
  • Be able to easily display either side of the Blaster.
I'm really proud of the finished result so please find below images and details about the piece.
Info on pricing and how to order your own are in the following post.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Front View Lit

The stand features a wooden plinth decorated with the tile design from Deckard's apartment.
This pattern is laser etched into the wood at varying intensities giving a stepped 3D effect.
Floating above the plinth is a clear acrylic panel supported by six acrylic pillars.
The supports for the blaster extend out of this panel resting under the grip plate and mag housing of the Blaster.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Barrel Side View Lit
Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Grip Side View Lit

The four sides and bezel of the base are finished in an American Walnut wood stain and coated with protective wax oil.
A diffuser panel filters light from LED strips built into the base, casting a warm glow onto the underside of the Blaster.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Rear Support Lit

The lighting is activated via a push button switch on the rear of the base.
This has been cleverly integrated into the tile design; a detail I’m particularly pleased with!

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - On/Off Button
Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - On/Off Button Pressed

Power comes either via 3x AA batteries installed in the base or a 5V/1A micro-USB charger plugged into the socket on the rear (these are not included in the sale).
A slide switch located in the battery compartment selects between USB or battery power sources.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Battery Compartment
Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Micro-USB Socket

The stand is constructed from thirty-five laser cut pieces of birch ply and acrylic plus the various electronic components and hardware.
It's sturdy internal construction of interlocking cross braces and double layer walls are all bonded with wood glue to form a solid base.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Front View
Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Side View

The Blaster supports are easily removable and work in either of the two slots. This allows them to be swapped over so either side of your Blaster can be displayed whilst keeping the switch and USB socket/cable hidden at the rear.

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Side View
Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Rear View

The battery compartment is accessed via 2x screws with a 2mm hex/allen key.

PXL_20220721_122846909.jpg

But, the most important thing... it looks great on display!

Neon Nautilus' Illuminated Blade Runner Blaster Stand on Display

Each stand is cut and engraved on my Epilog laser before being hand assembled, sanded and finished.
They are then packed in bespoke laser cut cardboard packaging alongside an instruction/care leaflet. This is then wrapped in a card slip case featuring my own vector art.
I've probably spent way to long putting the packaging together, but the way I look at it, If you're generous enough to support me with a purchase, then I want your experience of receiving this piece to feel as special as possible!

PXL_20220721_123326968.jpg

What's in the box​

• The main base assembly
  • Front mag housing support
  • 3 parts for the rear grip plate support
Please note: I've intentionally not included a USB power source to save on waste, weight and cost. Plus you've probably already got one stashed in a drawer somewhere!

Vital specs

Materials: 3mm birch ply, 3mm opal acrylic, 3mm clear acrylic, 5mm clear acrylic, 2mm 100% wool felt, electronic switches, wire and battery box
Dimensions without blaster: Width 255mm, Depth 105mm, Height of Plinth 53mm, Total Height inc. supports 165mm
Approx. dimensions with blaster: Width 257mm, Depth 105mm, Total Height inc. Blaster 217mm approx.
Weight: 505g approx. (stand only no batteries)

So, you think you'd like one for your Blaster?

I'm offering these for sale as an unlimited run with stands made to order on request.
All the details relating to the ordering process can be found in the following post.
If you have any questions at all regarding this piece that aren't covered here then please give me a shout.

Oh, and one more thing...

If anyone knows Dan Lanigan, could you share this with him; It would be incredible to see a pic of the real deal on one of my stands!

Luke
Neon Nautilus

Attachments

• PXL_20220617_131102695.jpg
    PXL_20220617_131102695.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 273
  • PXL_20220617_133710508.jpg
    PXL_20220617_133710508.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 308
Last edited:
ORDER DETAILS POST
I'll keep this post updated with the latest information on the ordering process.

Pricing​

The stands are priced at
£120 each for the original Walnut stained version.
Custom paint finishes such as concrete or black are more involved so cost a bit more, details available on request.
Postage is an additional cost and varies dependent on the destination.
Please note that any customs or import duties will be the responsibility of the buyer.

I'm happy to post to most places around the world and will keep a list of costs here as a guide.
Bear in mind these are intended as a guide only, if the postage will cost me more then that will be passed on.

Postage Costs
Australia - £28 via Royal Mail International Tracked(est. 6-12 business days)
Canada - £23 via Royal Mail International Tracked (est. 6-12 business days)
Europe - £16 via Royal Mail International Tracked (est. 3-5 business days) - PLEASE NOTE: Sadly due to Brexit, buyers based in the EU are very likely to have additional import fees applied by their local customs authorities. Please bear this in mind when ordering.
Singapore - £28 via Royal Mail International Tracked (est. 6-12 business days)
UK - £6 via Royal Mail 1st Class Signer For (est. 1-2 business days)
USA - £28 via Royal Mail International Tracked (est. 6-12 business days)
I do ship to other countries, these are just example costs of places I've already sent stands to.

How to order​

Check out the section below about sizing first, then send me a private message with the following details:
  1. Your full name
  2. Postage address
  3. Email linked to your PayPal account
  4. Grip plate and Magazine dimensions if they differ from below (if you don't give these then the stock parts will be supplied)
I'll then add your name to the list and start building your stand.
Once your stand is ready for dispatch I'll send you a PayPal invoice.
If you have any questions at all before ordering then please don't hesitate to ask.

Will your Blaster fit?​

Absolutely! I've supplied stands to customers with many different makes of blaster.
The stock stand is designed to fit my build of the Tomenosuke 2049 Assembly Kit precisely; so if your blaster is a different model then you just need to check a couple of measurements as detailed below.
If your Blaster, Tomenosuke or otherwise, differs from these dimensions then let me know and I'll cut revised parts for your stand at no extra cost.
Please note though that I can only revise the widths of the cutouts so they fit the width of your Blaster's grip plate and mag housing. If the overall geometry of your blaster is considerably different then I cannot guarantee they will meet your blaster at the same points pictured here.

Support Dims.jpg

Turnaround time​

Each stand is made to order so please allow approximately 2 weeks for dispatch for a standard walnut stand and up to 3 weeks for any custom finishes.
Delivery time will be dependent on the destination.

Please note​

Due to the natural variations in grain and colouration of the wooden parts the finish on these will vary from piece to piece.

EDIT TRACKING:
06/06/2023 - Increased overseas shipping price from £26 to £28 to cover costs.
03/07/2023 - Price increase to £120

Last edited:
Hell yes i am totally onboard to get one. I can put my John Wick gun on there, Oh my BSG Blaster.....LOL... I am just kidding i own a Blade Runner Gun as well and it truly needs a beautiful platform design like yours to be displayed on. I just love it will PM this weekend to get more details.

Hell yes i am totally onboard to get one. I can put my John Wick gun on there, Oh my BSG Blaster.....LOL... I am just kidding i own a Blade Runner Gun as well and it truly needs a beautiful platform design like yours to be displayed on. I just love it will PM this weekend to get more details.
Thanks enterprise0216! It's awesome to hear you like it and welcome aboard! You never know, your John Wick might fit too, but you may need to take your BSG blaster to the belt sander to get that to fit ;)

I'll take one, haven't built my Coyle blaster yet, but I'd really love this stand. I'm happy to be at the back of the line, no rush.

Hi all! Just wanted to share a few pics of the packaging mockup I've been working on today.
It really feels like a proper thing now!

Neon Nautilus' Blade Runner Blaster Stand - Packaging Mockup

Now I've got that sorted I can order material to make up boxes for the completed display stands.
Those of you who got in there early enough to reserve one of those completed stands will be getting an invoice towards the end of the week when they're ready to ship. For any new orders it will be around 2 weeks to ship.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back