Blade Runner 2049 Officer K portable eye scanner

Kylo1

Sr Member
Hi all. Does anyone know if replicas of this prop (preferably with working open/close and electronics) are available anywhere or if anyone is willing to do a run? I know Ein was looking into this but the run doesn't seem to be now happening. This is such an awesome prop and would be a great addition to any BR collection.

BR eye scanner.PNG

Last edited:
While Ein prop was really the best out there, the cost of making a run would've been too expensive (including electronics); it's still a garage kit after all, albeit a very pro one at that.
Good luck with your project;)

From the pic it looks a lot like an old mini-cassette memo recorder. Stop, play, record buttons on one side, smaller “cue/review” slider button on the other. On top, a sort of webcam and slide-eject. Just my two cents based on the pic.

I see that goldenarmor.com do one that is fixed in the open position. Not sure whether some work (probably substantial) would enable it to be modified into a functioning prop.

Shortly after I got my first printer (Dec. of last year), I wanted to render my own version of the BR 2049 Portable Retinal/Eye Scanner
and I managed to design and print the parts in PLA.
I never really got past the printing of V3 of the scanner (I started to design and print other unique items shortly after - listed below).
(Star Trek) Benzite Breather , Uhura Ear Piece, Voyager Hypo, McCoy Hypo, VAPE-HYPO (VAPO) Voyager Hypo with starter Vape.
(The Orville) Comm Scanner.
(Iron Man) Arm Gauntlet MK6 missile launcher.
(Spider Man) Sam Raimi unused version (Tobey Maguire [Peter Parker] Web Shooter). S-M 2002.
(Serenity, Firefly) Hands of Blue Disrupter device, Alliance Pistol.
Image/Picture Lithophanes and Nightlight.
ZOLAR X (musical band) costume antennas.

Odds and ends, LED strip lighting jig, Snakes for my Hocus Pocus Spell Book, cup holder, etc. (getting a second printer).
......................................................................................................................................
Anyway, this is my version of the scanner as I saw it and someday will assemble......

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back