Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - Officer K Pistol - 3D Printed Kit with LEDs

Rgriesbeck -- I've been researching this piece for days. I'm glad to see that you got the "basket weave" of the barrel cover correct. Many 3D models online do not get this right. I just watched several videos on YouTube of Adam Savage with the original props, so I'll throw in my two cents...

According to the prop master for the original 2049 film, the basket woven pieces are actually all separate pieces. So... if you were selling these in a kit, my humble suggestion is that you rework your 3D model so that those pieces are all separate. One could therefore just create one and multi print them so you have enough pieces to make up the gun barrel cover.

Your thoughts?

Rgriesbeck -- I've been researching this piece for days. I'm glad to see that you got the "basket weave" of the barrel cover correct. Many 3D models online do not get this right. I just watched several videos on YouTube of Adam Savage with the original props, so I'll throw in my two cents...

According to the prop master for the original 2049 film, the basket woven pieces are actually all separate pieces. So... if you were selling these in a kit, my humble suggestion is that you rework your 3D model so that those pieces are all separate. One could therefore just create one and multi print them so you have enough pieces to make up the gun barrel cover.

Your thoughts?
I guess it's a decent thought, but I'm not looking to redo the model. I've sold 100s of these {as well as my mini version) and they've worked out well for people...

Thanks for the info though

I guess it's a decent thought, but I'm not looking to redo the model. I've sold 100s of these {as well as my mini version) and they've worked out well for people...

Thanks for the info though
Well, don't get me wrong... I think your version is the best out there. It looks incredible! I was just thinking if those side panels on the barrel were separate pieces, it'd be easier to 3D print.

Which brings me to my next question... Do you 3D resin print these, or are these done traditionally as a resin casting in a mold?

Well, don't get me wrong... I think your version is the best out there. It looks incredible! I was just thinking if those side panels on the barrel were separate pieces, it'd be easier to 3D print.

Which brings me to my next question... Do you 3D resin print these, or are these done traditionally as a resin casting in a mold?
The barrels print amazing well as 1 piece, I was very surprised. These kits are FDM printed in PLA+ material. They will need to be sanded, primed and painted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back