==Black Widow== Questions & Answers (-ish...)----

Staar Lord Maan

Hey everybody, I'm so proud of my wife - she lost over fifty pounds and wants to join me in visiting kids in the hospital. My Star Lord build had to be put on hold during my unemployment phase, but things are looking up again, a bit.

With that said I have questions for which I hope to get some good answers from you fine folks.

The D-ring COBRA buckles
They come in 25mm 1 inch, 38mm 1.5 inch and 45mm 1.75 inch versions.
Q ---> Which one is featured on film? I have a link for them already, I just need to know the size.
NOTE: I was informed that in the movie, they mounted it with the branding facing Scarlett Johansson to 'french' it.

Cobra buckle.jpg

Her side arms
Q --->
Are they Glock 26's and can anyone point me to a site which sells a weighted replica? If not that, perhaps a rubber casting?
NOTE: I am aware of Con Rules governing orange tips, thanks :)

Her boots

I know that there are probably a lot of different answers to this, as it's been a difficult search, up to now, but...
Q ---> Does anyone have a link to a comparable boot, onto which we can mount the buckle and straps?
Q ---> Has anyone made a spat and if so, what kind of shoe can go under it?

The Catsuit fabric
I zoomed-in on a high resolution photo so you can see what this is
Q ---> Is this some kind of stretch denim cut on the bias? and...
Q ---> (...for seamstresses), The seams we see running up the leg and torso - is that a button-hole stitch holding down the fold behind the seam? I know the mechanics of making this fold, I just want to confirm.

Black Widow cropped.jpg

The belt and other hard points (pouch, holsters etc...)
We've seen a catsuit on Amazon which sells the catsuit and gear, but reviews say the hardware isn't quality, so...
Q ---> Where shall we look to source for these items?
NOTE: I think I found the holsters; can anyone confirm for me if this is the right thing? (image below)

UTC Holster.png

The Wig...
My wife is actually a blonde and refers to herself as a 'bottled redhead' because she thinks she's correcting god's mistake ..
.and that people deserve a warning flag, (her words).
BUT...her hair doesn't hold a curl to save her life and all efforts to do so have failed miserably with out the use of egg whites and elmer's glue, hence...
Q ---> What is the better of the wig-manufacturers to go to for this?

Shoulder insignias...
I've been able to locate embroidered SHIELD Logo Costume Shoulder Patches (left and right...the eagle faces front on each arm)
Q ---> Would there be anyone here in RPF who can do a set of rubber castings?
NOTE: I know it's just a small detail, but I'd like to surprise her by getting them for her if they're out there..if not, I can go with these:

Insignias.png

The Gloves
My contact at RevZilla informs me that the Alpinestars Gloves which look close are no longer in production and those I've seen come only in the wrong color of Cream.
Q ---> Which manufacturer would you recommend?
NOTE: I prefer to avoid anything designed for motorcycles as they tend to put armor inside the gloves and we intend to cut the fingers off, anyway. Hopefully we can find a light weight gauntlet.

The Gauntlettes...
I've seen a lot of different interpretations of these in cosplay imagery online, but I'd prefer to nail it with what's shown below
Q ---> (Again) does anyone do a rubber casting of these?

Gauntlettes - Black Widow.jpg

The buckle...
I've looked online and results for 'Black Widow Belt Buckle' are tons of catsuit costumes. I prefer to keep it in the RPF family, anyway, so if someone produces one of these out of metal...
Q ---> Suggestions for who, here, does this?

Buckle - Black Widow.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help on this, it'll make a lot of kids happy :)

Black Widow cropped.jpg

UTC Holster.png

Cobra buckle.jpg

Insignias.png

Gauntlettes - Black Widow.jpg

Buckle - Black Widow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you're going for the Avengers Black Widow, not IM2, Cap2, or AoU. I would buy the D ring size that fits your webbing. The holsters pictured are wrong. Pretty sure her drop Holsters were Blackhawk Glock 26 SERPA holsters. Quick search on etsy found a lot of buckles . As for the glock 26, if you need weighted, then you can go with the G26 training gun but they are expensive. Rattle-can them black. I'd just buy an airsoft G26 clone. I bought these and they will fit perfectly in the G26 SERPA holster. The black widow wrist bites are easy enough to make. If you want the urethane SHIELD patches instead of the embroidered they pop up in the JR or you can, in a pinch, get the "Disguise Marvel's Avengers Black Widow" catsuit, which has urethane SHIELD patches; cut them off or use the catsuit.

Last edited:
Looks like you're going for the Avengers Black Widow, not IM2, Cap2, or AoU. I would buy the D ring size that fits your webbing. The holsters pictured are wrong. Pretty sure her drop Holsters were Blackhawk Glock 26 SERPA holsters. Quick search on etsy found a lot of buckles . As for the glock 26, if you need weighted, then you can go with the G26 training gun but they are expensive. Rattle-can them black. I'd just buy an airsoft G26 clone. I bought these and they will fit perfectly in the G26 SERPA holster. The black widow wrist bites are easy enough to make. If you want the urethane SHIELD patches instead of the embroidered they pop up in the JR or you can, in a pinch, get the "Disguise Marvel's Avengers Black Widow" catsuit, which has urethane SHIELD patches; cut them off or use the catsuit.

For that particular training gun, you can no longer but Glock products from that supplier without proof of being law enforcement, a certified firearm trainer, etc.

[[[EDIT]]] -
==================================================================
While I still own these cute little crappy plastic gunz, I have broken down and opted to spend (mumblemumble) dollars and get two weighted Glock 26 Airsofts from Japan. The wife very much likes them. That is all....
==================================================================

I just picked up three of these (why three? it's what the guy had...)

Anyway, I'm noticing subtle differences in this and may opt for what @Fetts.Sobriquet shared, above...Besides, having Made in China printed on the side...feh...

I handed them to the wife, last night, and all she could manage to say to me when I asked her if she liked them was, (and I quote),

"pew...pew...pew..."

P328 5 5- Airsoft Spring Toy Gun.jpg

P328 5 5- Airsoft Spring Toy Gun.jpg

Hey all...

I am still looking for the left and right side holstering system for the Blackhawk CQC holsters.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the correct mounts for these things?
View attachment 555638
The Holster mentioned above and something that looks like what is used on the LEFT leg. What I really need to know is what the heck is used for the RIGHT leg...
View attachment 555639

The Blackhawks come with a belt loop platform in addition to the paddle. If you attach the belt loop platform upside down with two screws so that the slot for the bottom screw is up, you can use that slot to attach the strap that goes up to your belt and the whole thing balances beautifully on the leg. The belt slots are used for the strap(s) around your leg. One on the right, two straps on the left, for some reason. Aside from the straps, you get everything you need in the box. The straps are easy to make once you figure out where they go on the holster. You need some more AustriAlpin Cobra buckles, if you want to be really accurate - smaller than the tactical belt buckle.

Just imagine this piece upside down:

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-SERPA-Belt-Platform-Screws/dp/B001AQ4AS6

I made a costume for Halloween and then took a break from working on it. I went back to improving it when I started writing a series of blog posts on how the costume was made. I haven't published the blog yet.

P.S. Correction: The Blackhawk Sportsters only come with the paddle platform. I just got my left side holster today and had to order a belt loop platform for it. Another drawback of the sportster model is that it's gray and not black, so it will need a bit of paint. Neither of the holsters I have are designed for the Glock 26, but they work well enough with the Cyma P.698s. The holsters I have are for H&K USPs (long story).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back