Black Widow Endgame suit piece?

kurisuchie2kimi

I'm planning on making Natasha's Endgame Widow suit (not the team suit) and I can't for the life of me figure out what the red thing is on the suit? Or where to get such a thing? It looks plastic to me but I have no idea what it's called. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think it has any real function, it seems more for aesthetic purposes. Maybe it's supposed to support the straps, provide some extra rigidity behind them? I can only assume it was something custom made for the costume, maybe molded from a real world object, but I can't say what. Those slots in it don't appear to have any function either. It kind of looks like it was 3D printed.

I tried to find other pics. This Hot Toys figure shows it more prominently, but it isn't exactly the same. Hot Toys tend to be pretty accurate with their costumes, but obviously the smaller scale prevents the same amount of detail. There also may have been changes to the costume between the time the Hot Toys people got whatever materials from Marvel and the actual screen-worn costume. It almost looks like a red hair comb shoved into the suit!

214054413.jpg

Yeah unfortunately the pictures I have aren't mine so I can't give any more angles on it! It's frustrating me not knowing what it is! I know it's only for aesthetic purposes but it's important :lol:

Here is a couple I found...it seriously looks to be a fastener or buckle of some sort.

Attachments

• pisxhblwlpq21.jpg
    pisxhblwlpq21.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 401
  • S.H.Figuarts-Avengers-Endgame-Black-Widow-3.jpg
    S.H.Figuarts-Avengers-Endgame-Black-Widow-3.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 566
  • image-asset.jpeg
    image-asset.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 646
It reminds me of a plastic tab I had to remove from something forever back (can't even remember what). It's possible it's not even designed to imitate a functional piece of equipment, just "kit bashing" on a costume. If it is based on a functional piece of equipment, then you'd want to search for what is suppose to go under the strap loops that she has above it. It very well may be just a piece of hard plastic to keep a tight strap from digging into her.

The important thing to get right with it is the texture and the color.

It reminds me of a plastic tab I had to remove from something forever back (can't even remember what). It's possible it's not even designed to imitate a functional piece of equipment, just "kit bashing" on a costume. If it is based on a functional piece of equipment, then you'd want to search for what is suppose to go under the strap loops that she has above it. It very well may be just a piece of hard plastic to keep a tight strap from digging into her.

The important thing to get right with it is the texture and the color.

Yeah, I don't think it's meant to be functional at all, but surely it has to be something from somewhere, unless the designers literally just 3D printed a piece of plastic for the aesthetic??

I think it really IS purely for the aesthetic. They tend to custom design a lot of stuff, be it buckles, straps and pouches, fabrics or... Whatever this is.

Greetings,

Whilst I may be way off....... but the part looks to be similar to the plastic quick connect clips used on the cummerbunds of high end ballistic plate carriers. There are several different variations of the clips from different manufacturers.

Attached is a photo of an example although I do not think it is the one in question (if indeed it is a quick release clip used on the costume)

Regards

PC
IMG_0001.jpg

unless the designers literally just 3D printed a piece of plastic for the aesthetic??

they could have done just that....the parts for hawkeye's bow from the first movie, the spring type parts for where it would fold were 3D printed....the grip part as well, if i remember right
in other news....i'm going to be in charge of our 3D printing department once we expand it...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back