Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

I'm already on Prime - and they denied ever having had it in stock!

I originally ordered mine on 13 April with a delivery date of the 20th. On 20th they changed it to 30th and then to 22 May. I wrote by email and complained and they gave me a £5 voucher for the delay. 2 days later the helmet arrived so definitely go the email route and complain about all the schedule changes.

With Amazon France : I originally ordered mine on 15 April with a delivery date of the 23th. On 23th they changed it to 22 May (maximum). I don't wrote email and don't complained.
They changed something the 26th (I saw my Bank account mooving) and they send me a mail with delivery date of the 30th. I hope it's true.
Waiting it, I'm looking your mods with curiosity. I think the additionnal pleasure with this helmet is doing a beautifull display.
There is someone who si going to make a display with chest armor?
Sorry for my english.

Busy be damned, I had to get at this thing and give it a good look over.

It's absolutely incredible, especially for the price.

I was amazed it fit me. I have a 24.25 inch head and it went right on there. The chin is a little constricted, but provided you aren't planning on giving a 3 hour monologue you won't have any problems.

I was happy to see that the lenses unscrew and come out, will make the paint job easier and also tinting the lenses red will be easier. I noticed a bunch of other screws in the mask but not sure what they holding in just yet.

My one and only criticism so far is the mold plug circle right on the top of the dome. I feel thats going to need sorting out, I just doubt I can do a black gloss paint job thats as nice and deep as how it already is. I'm quite anxious about taking a sanding block and filler to that.

My Amazon order has been updated from 4 to 6 weeks and now says its coming Monday.

Cant wait.

I live in Canada and ordered mine Tuesday and got it on Friday. Looms amazing. It’s a huge piece to display! Was 101$ CDN on special. Great buy!

Frasic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasbro has made THIS:

Kylo-ren-Mask-Voice-changer-Mask-Roleplay-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Darth-Vader-Helmets-Stormtrooper.jpg

and still used that sculpt for the Black series helmet. Im still confused why they went that direction.

Amazon's second delivery attempt was just 5 minutes after I got back. Only had a few minutes to look at it (and placate the wife) before heading out again for The Avengers.... but first thoughts are you can't fault it for the price.

Here's what I did for a stand:
Vader_Stand1.JPG
Vader_Stand2.JPG

I'm not planning on modding much on the exterior, accepting that as is. Do plan on working a bit on the interior, add to the details a some. Other things take priority right now, but didn't want it in the closet and forgotten.

Did a MDF base (on top of foam), used black 3/4" PVC pipe/caps, and cut hardboard to shape for each piece.
Here's the templates I made if anyone wants to do similar (single measurement is for scale, should be able to print them 1:1 and it be correctly sized):
Base:
Base.png
Face:
Face.png
Neck & Dome:
Neck & Dome.png

The PVC was cut to the following lengths:
Neck: 3.5"
Face: 9"
Dome: 22.5"

Looks great :thumbsup I plan on doing something similar for mine so the templates will come in useful. Is that a Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet in the background as well I see?

Looks great :thumbsup I plan on doing something similar for mine so the templates will come in useful. Is that a Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet in the background as well I see?

Thanks. I figured they could provide a jumping off point for some folks. I still plan on doing a bit more to the base of the stand, just not sure what yet.

Yep, that's a gauntlet I got and refinished a couple of weeks ago. https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=282510&page=7&p=4439220&viewfull=1#post4439220
I'm in the process of reorganizing the collection, so I've just got things sitting all over the place right now.

Here's what I did for a stand:
View attachment 813774
View attachment 813775

I'm not planning on modding much on the exterior, accepting that as is. Do plan on working a bit on the interior, add to the details a some. Other things take priority right now, but didn't want it in the closet and forgotten.

Did a MDF base (on top of foam), used black 3/4" PVC pipe/caps, and cut hardboard to shape for each piece.
Here's the templates I made if anyone wants to do similar (single measurement is for scale, should be able to print them 1:1 and it be correctly sized):
Base:
View attachment 813779
Face:
View attachment 813780
Neck & Dome:
View attachment 813782

The PVC was cut to the following lengths:
Neck: 3.5"
Face: 9"
Dome: 22.5"

Thanks for sharing. This looks great. Would you mind sharing a pic of the stand without the helmet?

Thanks for sharing. This looks great. Would you mind sharing a pic of the stand without the helmet?

Sure, here it is without the helmet:
20180430_173742 %5b%5d.jpg
The dome and face part on mine looks odd because my initial estimates were slightly off. Had to add height for the dome (why it's thick) and extend the plate for the face (why the back end is barely catching on the PVC cap. I adjusted these for the templates.

Also, forgot to mention, painted the hardboard black after cutting, and then used adhesive backed felt for the parts to sit on. Not really to protect the helmet, but to keep the paint from lifting when removing the helmet off.

That is great! I wish i could pull that off, but I don't have the right tools. Darn it. Wish I could buy one like that.

I cut the pieces with a laser, but hardboard can be scored and snapped. You can slightly adjust the shapes (straight edges where rounded). It needs to be scored more and doesn't give a clean edge like say acrylic, but the rough edges can be sanded. The PVC can be cut with almost any type saw (since the ends go into caps, they don't have to be perfect). The only other thing needed is a drill and something to cut the MDF (if that's what you wanted to use for the base, but could use several different materials).

Sure, here it is without the helmet:
View attachment 814037
The dome and face part on mine looks odd because my initial estimates were slightly off. Had to add height for the dome (why it's thick) and extend the plate for the face (why the back end is barely catching on the PVC cap. I adjusted these for the templates.

Also, forgot to mention, painted the hardboard black after cutting, and then used adhesive backed felt for the parts to sit on. Not really to protect the helmet, but to keep the paint from lifting when removing the helmet off.

I cut the pieces with a laser, but hardboard can be scored and snapped. You can slightly adjust the shapes (straight edges where rounded). It needs to be scored more and doesn't give a clean edge like say acrylic, but the rough edges can be sanded. The PVC can be cut with almost any type saw (since the ends go into caps, they don't have to be perfect). The only other thing needed is a drill and something to cut the MDF (if that's what you wanted to use for the base, but could use several different materials).

Thanks for the tips and insights and photo. Very helpful.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back