Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

OH MY GOD!! I want tis now
but my only issue is the ranger finder, but that can be modded or replaced

other than that
for a item made by a company who mass produces toys, the helmet looks very awesome
The molded paint chipping is genius and inside is a added bonus
And for $119.99, its a great deal, and I might buy a few extras for customs.

but if EFX ever releases their Fett helmet, still gonna buy theirs.

9DduweYB_o.jpg

This thing looks too good to be true. I'll be pre-ordering in the next few days. Been waiting for this release for years and I'm beyond impressed!

This looks pretty good. Looks like Hasbro is upping their game. This will go nicely with my BS Stormtrooper and Vader but I think I'll wait until this is in stock at Walmart or at least Amazon (same with Red5). And for the price, definitely good enough for display. I can't even get one of the higher end helmets for the price of all 4 BS lids....which is the magic sauce at the moment. I'd still love a Ugly Vader and a RS Scout one day....

I still think the visor eye slits are too wide. It kinda erks me. But from a toy company point of view, they wouldn't want to restrict peoples vision throught the helmet I guess.

I'd also like to know what the consistency is going to be with the paint apps? Are they using masks or is it up to the discretion of the Chinese worker to apply the weathering where they feel appropriate?
According to this article on The Verge, the dimensions came from a scan of the actual helmet: I wish Hasbro’s new Boba Fett helmet was available when I was a kid

It was based on a scan of the original helmet, but the final model was heavily modified. It may be the same size, but that doesn't make it accurate.
The visor area is a bit wide as was pointed out. All the major shapes have been remodeled and altered.
Not slamming it - it Is impressive for what it is. But its appeal should stay in the high end toy category; something it achieves very well.

Shoot, I'll be buying one.
I was already gearing up to redo one of the Target helmets.. this just helps me make up my mind on which version to do the Target helmet as.

I've been doing Fett helmet commissions for over a decade and I'm pretty familiar with the details of the ESB helmet.
These are some observations I've made based on the initial pics on the Hasbro Pulse site. I don't intend for these to be positive or negative, just things I noticed.
I agree that for $120, the helmet looks nice.

First, it looks like the different sections of the helmet were molded in the "base" color and had the detailing applied over it.

20190721_080356.jpg

Next, a lot of the damage detailing appears to be decals. Will this be the case with the production helmets? We'll have to wait and see.

20190721_074653.jpg 20190721_074300.jpg

Finally, the prototype shows evidence of having been 3D printed. But it seems likely that the production version will be injection molded.

20190721_080035.jpg

I tend to get kinda detail obsessed when it comes to the ESB bucket, so I just found this stuff interesting. :) (y)

The paint has been confirmed to be molded details with paint over. That’s why it looks like decals. I think it will be their usual machine applied paint job.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back