Black primer ?

froggy

Hi all

I'm using Automotive and createx black primer for my kit. I don't like the result and it's not so good to use airbrush for primer.
Sometime the primer is not strong enough to prime correctly some kit.

I tried Citadel (warhammer) black spray primer and it works great but the price is very high. About 20 dollars a spray can

Could you tell me which spray primer you use for your kits ? :)

Thx !!

I'm using Layland for my works. Both primer gray and black give a great coating result. GW citadel spray is quite expensive especially when using for large kits, I even use black layland spray for miniature models.

:)

Oh! I didn't check my spelling. It's "Leyland spray" not Layland. Sorry about that. :eek:
It's avialable in spray paints. I usually use F-10 flat black on my works.
I've seen in their web that they have dealers in paris, try it man. :)

Hi benjamin, what I do is primer the kit with a grey primer. then use a normal acrylic black paint and airbrush the whole kit. Tried and trusted :)

I use citadel paints on the smaller, more detailed kits - anywhere up to 1/6 for a full body. or 1/4 for a bust, anything bigger and i just use cheap automotive flat black.

I have been wanting to start my P2 kit which is from Halcyon and is plastic. My problem is that I don't know which to prime it with. Enamel (which I have been told takes a long time to dry), or acrylic?

I have doing some reading up on kits and such but it just doesn't seem I'm finding the exact solution to my question. Is it bad to use enamel primer on a plastic kit and when I do find the proper primer... what types of paint should I use? I also need to get some putty/filler for the seams and such.

Any suggestions?

I use halfords acrylic automotive primer, it's always worked for me as long as the kit has been washed in a weak solution of washing up liquid. For painting plastic kits I use acrylic or enamels, they both work ok and for filling seams you can buy stuff like green putty specially made for this, hope this helps

I have been wanting to start my P2 kit which is from Halcyon and is plastic. My problem is that I don't know which to prime it with. Enamel (which I have been told takes a long time to dry), or acrylic?

I have doing some reading up on kits and such but it just doesn't seem I'm finding the exact solution to my question. Is it bad to use enamel primer on a plastic kit and when I do find the proper primer... what types of paint should I use? I also need to get some putty/filler for the seams and such.

Any suggestions?

Id definitely use Citadel for the Halcyon kit, ive put together a P1, which im pretty sure was Halcyon too...either way, they are both vinyl. As for the putty, i use a type called 'Magic Sculpt' (check out eBay) - its amazing stuff IMO, and i personally prefer it to green stuff, brown stuff and miliput

Well just to help out here for the pred body I prime it white and all armor pieces I painted it by hand and use Black acrylic paints are best to use cause there easy to wash off if you miss up then using enamels. They say use a dual coat every time you do a paint up step and if you do a small mess up just get a little thinner on a cotton ear tip and lightly rub the mistake and its gone best place to help out or get an idea of how to paint up kits is http://www.amazingmodeler.com there videos that they sell are very helpful on what painted to use on Vinyl and Resin kits hope that help.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back