Bioshock: Infinite- Skyhook prop

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Dont know if this has already been posted but I stumbled across this at the Bioshock site.
A real world replica based on one of the guns in the upcoming game -

830px-Prototype_Skyhook_box.jpg

830px-Prototype_Skyhook.jpg

And a few paper props as well -

Triple-r_ad_1.png

737px-Infiniteart5.jpg

Yeah it was announced awhile ago. NECA is making them as part of their Bioshock line. They had two prototypes like that and they gave one away as a prize.

The original Bioshock was the most replica ready video game I've ever seen. Before some ignorant dipwad leaps in to argue this, let me amend this a bit and qualify that with the highly subjective adjective "cool". I advised a buddy who has founded several prop companies that since his latest effort had evolved into little more than a papermill at the time that Bioshock -with its intense reliance on art deco imagery- would be an ideal candidate for his poster mill.

Bioshock Infinite, with its transition to Columbia and a new mileau seems to be an equally ripe candidate for replicating. When I see this highly cool Skyhook from NECA I instantly am struck by two thoughts:

1). How long will it be before Rylo can build this in metal?
2) How long before somebody makes some Vigor bottles?

By the way: That is not a gun. It is a tool by which the Player attaches himself to the Skylines which connect to the various floating levels of Columbia. Bludgeoning opponents with it IS an option.

Last edited:
Whew, I thought another RPF member had beet me to it :lol

I've been after some good reference shots of the sky hook for ages. I love the Bioshock series and was stoked that infinity was on the way. I've already started collecting parts I can use for it. I had a good idea what the teeth/hook parts looked like, but no idea of what the rest was like.

Thanks for posting the pics, I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" them :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back