bio visor?

xXLEELANDXx

hey all
i was wondering how to do a visor for a bio?
iv seen like regular and then like a metal mesh
how do i do it and what do i use?
thanks

People use whatever they want, metal mesh or visor material (usually something like sunglasses lens or welding visor material, cut to fit eye openings on helmet).

I use motorcycle helmet visors/shields. Many colors and finishes (clear, smoked, mirrored, etc.) Nice large flat area to work with.

I was chuckling to myself about this one after looking at Mr Fett's avatar. As a coincidence, I had done a Jason mask and used that silver packaging from computer components to cover the eyes. It was free and only took scissors to cut and I just taped it in with masking tape. It's dark but you can still see through it. That held up for years, mainly as a display.

If you want a metal mesh you will need Aviation snips. The light duty ones should work fine with thinner mesh, and they'd be cheap. They have a type that are for cutting galvanized sheet metal that you may find to be the cheapest. I'm spoiled in that I live near a big metal supply company so I can't confirm were to get the mesh that would look good. I'd look in the home center stores in there metal area. Those places usually stock small sheets of stuff that aren't hard to manage. -I believe- apoxy would be good to hold it in the bio.

Harbor Freight examples of snips:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=37325
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=66592

I'm going to go through Oakley which is the same company ADI went through for there visors.
Their visors for the goggles are only like 8 bucks and they have Dark Grey which I think is the color they used in the film.
Oakley

Hello,

Funny I was just asking this same question on another post. In the past I used some dark 1/16'' plexiglass I bought at a local plastic vendor, here in California called Taps plastics, they may have a website. Also just tonight on ebay I stumbled across a listing for eye mesh measuring 6cm x 24 cm and cost approx $2.35 US and shipping of GBP 1.75 (not sure of conversion rate).
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope that helps. Can also try home Depot or a hardware store ect

Daren

Another tool you need to invest in getting is a 'heat gun'. Comes in very handy when installing lenses in a bio. Preferably used for heating the acrylic, sun glass and biker lenses to fit in the bios just right.

I'm going to go through Oakley which is the same company ADI went through for there visors.
Their visors for the goggles are only like 8 bucks and they have Dark Grey which I think is the color they used in the film.
Oakley

Did you order these? And how wide are they? I was looking at doing this same thing for my ancient bio, but the lens that I already have (SPY) are just shy of being wide enought to cover the opening.

ive got a thin meshed black material that i overlap twise because once is to thin and it gives a good black effect that you cant see in but you can see perfectly out of its brill

Did you order these? And how wide are they? I was looking at doing this same thing for my ancient bio, but the lens that I already have (SPY) are just shy of being wide enought to cover the opening.
I have not order these yet I'm trying to work on small parts piece by piece which would be Tri-laser module, lasers, and I'm picking up 50 lbs of wed clay hopefully @ the end of the month. I will order the lense probably when I know how big my bio will be because of my frame (5'10" to be exact) a 1:1 bio might be too big for me. I will make a WIP thread when I feel I'm make more of a progress then I am right now.
KEEP AN OUT!!

ive got a thin meshed black material that i overlap twise because once is to thin and it gives a good black effect that you cant see in but you can see perfectly out of its brill

I was thinking the same thing but wanted to check here first. Have some black screen door material. Overlapped it- first (outside) layer nice and uniform up and down, side to side, then the second layer (behind) ****** at a 45 degree angle to narrow up the holes, give it more texture, nice criss-cross pattern... hmmm, three times? Nah, too messy. I was thinking of putting some black stocking material behind it so people couldn't see through, especially with camera flashes.

Hmmm, this is making me want to start my own build thread... where's my camera...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back