Big Red Predator Bio in progress

MotoGuy75

Hello fellow fans,

Well I started work on my Big Red Predator Bio from Batman Deadend.The P1 helmet is a raw casting I purchased from Hez (SkunkWorkProps).So far I have cut out the eye lens, sanded the helmet down with 150, 220 and 400 grit sandpaper, and applied 3 coats of Createx opaque black as a base primer. Hopefully will be painting the Createx Opaque Red on tommorow.I will post more pics as I go. Any advice on what material to use for the stencils of the samurai design?

Thanks and hope ya like the pics,Daren

BIGREDBIOPRESAND.jpg

BIGREDBIOAFTERSANDINGW150220AND400G.jpg

BIGREDBIOAFTER3COATSBLACKCREATEX.jpg

BIGREDBIOPRESAND.jpg

BIGREDBIOAFTERSANDINGW150220AND400G.jpg

BIGREDBIOAFTER3COATSBLACKCREATEX.jpg

masking tape. then draw on the tape. use a blade to cut the tape and voila, instant stencil. i have done this on alot of masks, works for me. just make sure your red coat isnt too thick, or when you pull the tape it can pull some of the paint with it and ruin your lines.

So far your off to a blazing start, though that opaque primer is gorgeous...it almost seems like a crime to cover it. Still I look forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks, I am in the process of adding the opaque red. I think I will put one more coat on tomorrow and that should be good.It will have been 5 coats,for the black primer was slightly visible.Any suggestions on the final clear coat,matte or glossy?And also to use steel wool to shine it up or not?

Thanks Daren

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back