BEWARE! eBay scammer carternight84

Just a warning to everyone. I bought a cowl off carternight84 on eBay. Won it fair and square in an auction for $154 plus $63 shipping. Literally 5 minutes after I won he cancelled the transaction.

I sent him a message and asked him why? I told him to keep the emblem and sell it, I have 2. He sells them for $60 anyways.

He finally responded and said he couldn't let it go for that cheap, but he could sell it for $190. Dude, what's $36??? For real? So screw this guy. Negative feedback left. Called and filed a claim.

He didn't list a reserve price. That's bad business. BEWARE!!!

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-15.png
    Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-15.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-53.png
    Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-53.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Capture+_2019-12-07-19-50-18.png
    Capture+_2019-12-07-19-50-18.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Capture+_2019-12-07-19-51-18.png
    Capture+_2019-12-07-19-51-18.png
    61 KB · Views: 178
  • Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-25.png
    Capture+_2019-12-07-19-47-25.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 171
I didn't realize that ebay allows a seller to back out of a transaction that way.

TazMan2000

Ebay can't force you to sell an item you have listed, but if the buyer doesn't accept the reason for cancelling as legitimate, they can report it to Ebay. If Ebay agree, the seller can recieve a 'black mark' on their record. If they get a bunch of these, they get the boot.

Ebay can't force you to sell an item you have listed, but if the buyer doesn't accept the reason for cancelling as legitimate, they can report it to Ebay. If Ebay agree, the seller can recieve a 'black mark' on their record. If they get a bunch of these, they get the boot.

I bought 3 of an item that was sold as a single, and the seller only sent me ONE (not the same as this seller). I messaged him and showed him a picture of his own packaging that showed it was not possible to even FIT 3 of that item in the small package he sent me. He responded by saying I should file a claim with eBay and that THEY would refund me for the 2 that he did not send. I did so, and eventually I got my money (2 weeks later) but suffice to say, I did NOT leave him positive feedback. Some people on eBay are just crooks.

I bought 3 of an item that was sold as a single, and the seller only sent me ONE (not the same as this seller). I messaged him and showed him a picture of his own packaging that showed it was not possible to even FIT 3 of that item in the small package he sent me. He responded by saying I should file a claim with eBay and that THEY would refund me for the 2 that he did not send. I did so, and eventually I got my money (2 weeks later) but suffice to say, I did NOT leave him positive feedback. Some people on eBay are just crooks.
I have seen sellers like that before, and they are misinformed, thinking eBay refunds out of eBay’s pocket, lol. One guy told me to take it up with eBay and they will pay me back. I got an angry message from him a week later when he saw that PayPal withdrew funds from him for the refund. He short of demanded that I should send him the money back, lol.

I guess you missed the part where I said, "Personally, I don't consider...".

Personally. Yes. You. Yes. ;)

But a person that refuses to obey the rules put forth by eBay (and violates them by illegally canceling a valid sale, and has therefore gone back on his word and the contract between him / eBay / and the customer) has committed fraud. And a person that commits fraud is a scammer.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back