Best Exactra bubble strip replica?

Davy Jones

Sr Member
I realize this my be a loaded question but there seems to be many replicas out there and I remember a few from years ago that were incorrect.
I'm building a Luke ANH and would like the saber experts to direct me to which replica ( in their opinion) is the closest to the original item.

Thanks!

Two photos I should have included earlier (unless this sort of thing is frowned upon?):

1 - The strips side by side. Rebel Scum on the left, eBay on the right. I confess, I hadn't compared them before. The difference is bigger than I thought.

2 - An eBay strip in my ANH, with the sides beveled to go under the clamp while keeping the base of the bubbles flush with the front of the clamp.

_SDI6059.JPG _SDI6061.JPG

Last edited:
In my opinion the one from ebay is also the best. I haven't had a rebelscum version in my hand though but they are crazy expensive

Huh. Based on the photos on each site, I had guessed it backwards.

Thank you for the update!

It's interesting how the propsplus (ebay store) photos on their sale page have a similar flaw to a bubble strip I received from Roman a ways back. He was kind enough to send me a much nicer replacement.

One of these days I'll have to compare it to the one in my Ti-Exactra 19.

I tried using the EBay bubble strip but they are just too flexible and bend too easily when you just pinch it down with the lever in the clamp like it originally was. I mean it looks straight but when you take it out it was bent in a couple of spots.

I think it's because he sells them very soon after he made them.
I saw same issue on one ordered for a friend.
I think you can keep it in the dark, maybe for one month, to avoid it to get yellowish, and it will dry and get completely hard.
I saw it on clear resin specifications when I tried to make some, that was so hard to make I gave up.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Philip from Rebel Scum? He’s been out of stock on his bubble strips for quite a while now, and I’ve been needing to place a few orders but can’t get in touch with him. Thanks for any clues.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Philip from Rebel Scum? He’s been out of stock on his bubble strips for quite a while now, and I’ve been needing to place a few orders but can’t get in touch with him. Thanks for any clues.

Did you try emailing him from his website?

I’ve never had a problem getting ahold of him.

Did you try emailing him from his website?

I’ve never had a problem getting ahold of him.
Thanks Halliwax! I've e-mailed him on two separate occasions and can't seem to reach him. :\ Glad to hear you've been able to reach him though. If you're able to get in touch and find out if/when he will be restocking his replica exactra bubble strips, I would be enormously obliged!

I'll say the ones from ebay are super fragile, im not sure what kind of resin they use, but its really brittle and even a slight bend will snap it in half.

Thanks Halliwax! I've e-mailed him on two separate occasions and can't seem to reach him. :\ Glad to hear you've been able to reach him though. If you're able to get in touch and find out if/when he will be restocking his replica exactra bubble strips, I would be enormously obliged!

He's a member here too: Rebelscum

I'll say the ones from ebay are super fragile, im not sure what kind of resin they use, but its really brittle and even a slight bend will snap it in half.

I accidentally did that with the Rebelscum ones too, so it's probably best to be extra careful with all of the cast bubble strips like this.

Let me email him and see, he may be away with work
You may be right. Thank you Halliwax!

I'll say the ones from ebay are super fragile, I'm not sure what kind of resin they use, but its really brittle and even a slight bend will snap it in half.
I bought one of the eBay ones, and there really is no comparison to the Rebel Scum. The eBay one is not as clear, bright and does not magnify as well; it just seems kind of inferior in every way to Phillip's bubble strip. It really is scary how 1:1 his is to vintage Exactra bubbles! I haven't broken a RS strip yet, but I've heard, as you say, they are quite brittle. I will use extra precaution next chance I get.

Hi Halliwax, have you heard from Philip at Rebelscum yet? Thanks for any info.

Sorry my life is super busy right now, Phil did get back to me. He doesn’t have any on hand but there is another run in the works, we just need to hold out for them

I’ll update this thread when he lets me know they are back in stock, so subscribe to this thread for the quickest update

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back