Behemoth Build WIP (with pics)

Well I bought some "pumpkin-monster-latex-hands" about 2-3 years ago for my original suit and now looked to a way to re-purpose. I have an advertisement picture of what they looked like originally.
The scales on the fingers and knuckles are hot glue (they are holding great for now even when balling the fist, though it's no guarantee they will stay in place)
Cut out the latex nails and resculpted them into claws with apoxy-sculpt. Lastly made the glove by layering liquid latex over the portions of the hand and to cover the pieces that were only fabric with latex. I'll still be adding the "glove-knuckles" but I'll be taking my time figuring out shape and (imaginary) function.
Paint job is obviously still a work in progress.

monster-pumpkin-hands-made-of-latex--mw-108743-1.jpg

20180116_172212.jpg

Here I am thinking it already was awesome lol

Apoxy-sculpt on latex for the knuckles. No idea if it will actually hold on that or on the foam though they seem pretty secure once cured.

Well here's a before and after I guess. Time to move on to redo the left hand.
Probably will go with something more like the power-punch/brass knuckles that actually made it onto the Wolf suit in AvP:R

20180208_133253.jpg

Thanks! I plan on resculpting the head in the coming months to throw in some more skin texture into the mix. But progress has been painfully slow ...

... phenomenal Idea Predtrooper! Did it work out well?

if you save chunks of any type, they can be backfill for block molds etc. I've done a beautyused chunks of acetoxy, tin and platinum
Once the good layer of silicon was on for the details it didnt mater what silcon I used after to thicken the layers and worked perfectly, infant for my gauntlets I only used bathroom silicon and brushed it on as its quite thick and the mould came out just as good as when I used the expensive stuff and captured all the details just the same. I wouldn't use it for everything but im not going to waste my money on overpriced silicon for every job

you can do something like that for block molds too. platinum beauty coat followed by tin backfield with old chunks including acetoxy strings squeezed and cured on wax paper. big savings.

I've been saving chunks of cured platinum silicone from old molds I don't need anymore. Though I did try using silicone caulking to thicken the mold of my 1:4 scale bust, but the platinum silicone started to peel from the caulking first time I de-molded, and by the third casting it was unusable :/

How thick do you make this beauty-coat?

And yeah, unfortunately Shogun is right that I currently don't have the funds to do much in the realms of this hobby.

I've been saving chunks of cured platinum silicone from old molds I don't need anymore. Though I did try using silicone caulking to thicken the mold of my 1:4 scale bust, but the platinum silicone started to peel from the caulking first time I de-molded, and by the third casting it was unusable :/

How thick do you make this beauty-coat?

And yeah, unfortunately Shogun is right that I currently don't have the funds to do much in the realms of this hobby.

this works best for a block mold or a mold that's not getting lots of flex. you do a thin coat of platinum followed by a thickened one. after it cures, build a box and pour in some tin with as much filler as needed. I once did long beads of walmart acetoxy on wax paper for later use this way. this is just if you need a bulky block mold though since theres mo stretch or bend to speak of with this stuff.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back