Beginner with resin?

lukeforester1

Hello, could anyone please point me in the right direction to an easy to use resin and hardener? Also, some materials to make molds with, I want to create my own wands out of whatever (probably wood or soapstone or something) and be able make casts of them (happy?). If that would be too difficult for a first-timer, I wouldn't mind using some pre made molds to make simple jewelry and stuff.

Thanks for your help
Luke

Last edited:
Recasting is a no-no, even for something like a simple re-paint.

Edit: To pre-empt the inevitable question no, it doesn't matter that you'll never sell them to anyone else. The reason you stated for recasting the wands is so that you could maintain their value while still getting the wand painted as you want it. If you dislike the paint job so much paint over them and screw the value (which, if you paint them really well might actually increase it). Otherwise make your own wand (sculpt or carve), you'll learn a new skill and not be stealing.

Walk away Luke, the path of darkness will forever cloud your vision should you walk down it.

Last edited:
Ok you guys, I've taken your advice to heart and altered my original plans (but I still get cool wands out of it!) please see the revised first post.

Be warned that water based resin products don't travel well in winter. Such as the aqua-resin on the above site. If they freeze, they are ruined.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back