BBC's Sherlock - Spoilers

The build up to Sherlock and Irene's first meeting was great, but when it actually took place, it was, how would Borat put it... "Wawaweeewa!" :lol

Excellent episode! I wish this series was more readily available in the States. Over the last couple of years, I've fallen in love with several BBC productions... Jekyll, Doctor Who, and now Sherlock. Unfortunately, I have to scrounge around the net to find them.

I loved it, but I'd expect no less. It's interesting. Sort of the antithesis of the DW Christmas Special. That tells you everything all the time. No need to pay particular attention. But man, Sherlock challenges you to keep up let alone stay ahead of what's going on.

Might be the best tv out there at the moment.

I love Sherlock, but the veil has been lifted for me - namely his assumptions only work because we allow ourselves to believe they work. It took a second viewing of the original trilogy to see it, but in the first episode Sherlock mentions a drunk relative of Watson's - something he arrived at because of the scratches around the charger. The first time I glanced over it, but the second time I thought "there could be a million reasons why that's scratched - I have devices that are scratched like that and I don't drink at all." I started watching all of his other 'deductions' and soon realized that I glossed over far too much in the series and that, in real life, he would be wrong at least as much as he's right based on the explanation of his conclusions.

It's like watching 'hackers' in movies write code and thinking it's cool until you learn more about it and find out they're writing their 'super worm/virus' in JavaScript.

Sherlock has been known to make mistakes from time to time. In the following scene after Holmes deduces the bit about Harry's drinking, he does go to say "I didn't think I got everything right". In the latest episode he further tell Watson not to mention the unsolved cases, further adding to imperfect nature of his abilities. Thus, the veil stays on, at least for me, albeit a very thin veil.

A truly excellent episode. Loved the previous series and can't get enough.
Thank you BBC for making a fantastic program

All I know is there is some loud music in this latest episode. It has woken me up twice now. :lol

The newest episode is absolutely incredible!
Acting, directing, writing, cinemetography, music - it's all top notch! This has got to be one of the best shows on TV right now and I wish there were a wider knowlege of it in the US.
I hope Moffat and crew continue to make these!

I thought the acting in this last episode was incredible!! LOVED the gal playing Irene, & Mrs. Hudson got a juicy bit of acting in too..
I cracked up with the agent falling out of the window bit.. :lol
I do have a tiny bit of a problem with the accents, since the dialog tends to go so fast & furious sometime, & I have to rewind to catch important bits.
I can't wait to see what they do with Hound!!

Just a heads up; Amazon UK has Series 2 Blu Ray and DVD available for pre-order, scheduled for release at the end of the month!
I did not hesitate in putting my pro-order in for the Blu-ray set. No need to see the next two episodes to decide if it's going to be a worthy purchase!
Additionally, the soundtrack album is also finally being released on the 30th.

I enjoyed episode 2, but not nearly as much as episode 1. It's almost like a repeat of the first series where the second episode fell a little short when compared to the first.
The teaser at the end with Moriarty got me very excited for next week. Too bad this show is only 3 episodes long!!

"Hound" was awesome. Nice to see Sherlock rattled a bit. Looking like the return of M next week. Damn, I can't believe they only make 3 of these at a time. I could watch one every weekend of the year.

"Hound" was awesome. Nice to see Sherlock rattled a bit. Looking like the return of M next week. Damn, I can't believe they only make 3 of these at a time. I could watch one every weekend of the year.

All so true, but the greatest advantage to doing only three is that the production team can concentrate their creative and financial efforts into creating cinema-quality episodes and really take their time developing something truly special.

I am wondering if there are plans to continue the series past this one?

All so true, but the greatest advantage to doing only three is that the production team can concentrate their creative and financial efforts into creating cinema-quality episodes and really take their time developing something truly special.

I am wondering if there are plans to continue the series past this one?

Totally agree on the quality. The dialogue is so tight. The cinematography has nothing that's on it its place. I have to believe they'll churn out a few more 270min seasons.

I would definitely not mind if Benedict ended up being Doc #12.

I think there are plans to do a 3rd series, I've heard the idea of Benedict Cumberbatch as the Doctor mentioned a few times and to be honest, I dont know if the stories, such as they are, would do his acting skills justice, just my humble opinion

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back