Baz Luhrmann's ELVIS

There's a guy on TikTok that deep fakes Elvis perfectly and puts the likeness of this movie's character to shame. Yeah I know it's partially deep faked, but the guy's already got the perfect hair and facial structure to make it possible. The actor doesn't even look that close to Vegas impersonators i've seen who AREN'T deep fakes!

There's a guy on TikTok that deep fakes Elvis perfectly and puts the likeness of this movie's character to shame. Yeah I know it's partially deep faked, but the guy's already got the perfect hair and facial structure to make it possible. The actor doesn't even look that close to Vegas impersonators i've seen who AREN'T deep fakes!
Yep, saw those on Youtube and it's really great:cool:

My mom and grandmother saw Elvis live in (IIRC) Panama City, Florida when he was still a relative unknown.

There was also the 1990 TV series (which was cancelled after 10 episodes) called Elvis AKA Elvis: Good Rockin' Tonight, which starred Michael St. Gerard. Gerard had played Elvis a couple of times previously, and was the one actor who came closest to being a dead ringer for the man himself.

SSB

Wow.

Jerry Reed? Johnny Cash? I'm jealous.

BTW, for those who don't recognize him - Jerry Reed was the Snowman in 'Bandit' and he sang the 'Eastbound and Down' theme song. Big country music star in that era.

View attachment 1549156

Jerry Reed was the guitarman. Finger picking was his style which is why Elvis' guitarist couldnt match on the song. So Elvis had them bring in Jerry Reed to lay it down. I'd consider him the Lee Marvin of guitarists.

Tonight I sat down and watched this movie with a neighbor who was actually at many Elvis Vegas shows, the comeback taping, and had many aquantances with Elvis during those years, and about an hour into it she asked when is Elvis supposed to be in the movie. That's how far off the look was. But when the comeback and Vegas Era hit she was blown away by the actors performance. But that's it. The terrible cinematography and ADD editing style was nauseating making anything story wise and Era specific near impossible to follow. That and it kept jumping in and out of the story of the Colonel and the loose story of Elvis at random. We both seem to have heard a few different voices dubbed for Elvis and some weird, possibly CGI, facial oddities as well but that could be the depth of field/vaseline on the lens look that plaqued the entire film.

In the end its a very forgettable telling of a combination of stories non of which was done well. How many Elvis movies do we have VS how many Bo Diddley movies? Is comparison, if anyone is curious, it's nothing grounded as Walk the Line. More of a fairy tale sneaking in some agenda politics. There is even some modern hip hop beats and rap music, I kid you not. As weird as it seems, Elvis meets Nixon was a much better portrail and movie. And Micheal Shannon played Elvis in that! Can't make this stuff up.

They're doing the same thing with this, as Disney did for the SW Solo movie. They had a perfect choice for Han with Anthony Ingruber, but they went with that other guy. And don't say Anthony couldn't act, did you see Solo ! I'm sure there are a dozen people who could do a much better job as Elvis and certainly look a lot better. Hell, Andy Kaufman looked more like Elvis than this guy. I'm a life long fan of the King, and this is gonna suck like a super black hole.

Last edited:
I've never seen Andy's Elvis impersonation before. He totally nailed it.
Andy has got to be the most odd and different person to ever grace Hollywood. (just had to look it up, but) I know he died young, BUT ONLY 35.....wow. Way to young.

My mother was from Germany and said she met him in a bar when he was stationed there. She only mentioned it once and didn't really elaborate, so I guess she wasn't that impressed

For a crash course on Andy Kaufman you can watch Man on the Moon with Jim Carrey. Sadly it's only about half of the movie that was set out to film. Either way still amazing films like that used to get made in any firm.

For a crash course on Andy Kaufman you can watch Man on the Moon with Jim Carrey. Sadly it's only about half of the movie that was set out to film. Either way still amazing films like that used to get made in any firm.
Saw that in theaters, although I'm don't think I've seen it since then. Need to watch that again. Very good.
I like how Jim Carry showed with The Truman Show and Man on the Moon, that he could do more than just be silly.....although silly is what he is good at.

Saw that in theaters, although I'm don't think I've seen it since then. Need to watch that again. Very good.
I like how Jim Carry showed with The Truman Show and Man on the Moon, that he could do more than just be silly.....although silly is what he is good at.
Going off topic but I Love You Phillip Morris is another Jim Carrey homerun.

Another horrible Elvis casting, Elvis and Nixon. Elvis played by, wait for it, ........
Michael Shannon. Great Actor, but not as Elvis ! Zod maybe, but Elvis. I'm trying to watch it now, and it's like eating broccoli without cheese. Yuck !

Laughable casting in Elvis meets Nixon but the portrayal is there. That's missing all over in this movie. This one just has a downwards looking actor that looks nothing like Elvis trying to mimic a single look. Likely more to do with the style of directing but a one trick pony that never really nails the one trick.
As I said prior he nailed the comeback performance but everything else, the cinematography, the directing, the editing, the out of place soundtrack, the entire depth of field Vaseline on the lens look.... Just terrible.

Still waiting for a Walk the Line style Bo Diddly movie.

I'm a huge Elvis fan. I came from family of Elvis fans. He is all I heard growing up. I was 13 when he passed. It was devastating. I saw him in concert in Oct of 76 in Ft. Wayne IN. Got right up to the edge of the stage with the girl of the family I went with. She got a scarf, I got a handshake and sweat dripped all over me. He looked horrible. It was kinda traumatizing to see him that way.

I still can't bring myself to see the movie. Austin Butler just doesn't cut it for me even though people are saying he did a great job.

If it were possible, I'd love to see the Kurt Russell biopic done entirely in Deepfake:

In 1990, there was a TV series called "Elvis: The Early Years" that was very well done. TBS used to do a marathon of it on Elvis' birthday and death.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back