Battlestar

Jedi Bailinkski

I would like to look into getting some of these props, without spending a mint. Any good links anyone can pass on. I would love to pick up stuff from the original and the new series. :)

There's a good bit of BSG action on ASAP (A Site About Props). A member who goes by the name of "Mara Jade's Father" has done several very nice runs of dog tags, pilot's wings, and rank insignia for the new series. It's an EZ Boards site, so you will have to create a user account before accessing the board.

http://pub23.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas

I've only purchased the dog tags so far, but they are truely fantastic: Approx 2mm thick, highly polished brass. The Galactica emblem and a serial number have been stamped in the metal, and there is room to have a name engraved. I love 'em. Quick note: these items are in the BSG New Series Costuming form, not the Prop forum.

There are also several folks selling different versions of the pilot's side arm in the BSG New Series Prop forum. I picked up the roto-cast one for about $40, and it's a really nice static piece. It took a good bit of clean up, but nothing some Bondo and elbow grease couldn't fit. That's par for the course with most resin castings in my experience.

I've showed off my display of the ranks from MJF in another thread, but here they are again:

[attachmentid=7016]

I've got one set of the original tags on right now, and am eagerly looking forward to the set of Starbuck tags that he's working on now.

For the blaster, I'd highly recommend getting one from Guardian Matsuo (he's a member here). His are definitely the Cadillac of the BSG blasters available: clean, sharp and very detailed. You won't be disappointed.

There's also some paper props being worked on here. Look around and you'll find them.

ezboard has 2 kinds of accounts, "local" and "global"--the local account is only good for that particular board while the global will be recognized at any ezboard.

ASAP was the first prop board I joined, and being a total Net Newbie, I created a local account there--worked good until I wanted to view other ezboard forums :rolleyes

Originally posted by Jedi Bailinkski@Mar 5 2006, 07:00 PM
I created an account and login.  Each time I choose a board it says you need to login....  :angry
[snapback]1199486[/snapback]​

I probably should have mentioned the local/global thing. EZboards is "old hat" for me, so I don't think about that. It's a very good idea to make a Global account. EZboards hosts a lot of very cool forums, and you can hit them all with a Global account. Also make sure your browser has cookies enabled.

It you're still having touble contact their tech support. There should be a link on the login page.

Years ago there was a licensed TOS blaster replica from BSG.org, the official fan club... these were mastered by HMS I believe, very crisp.

I got this one second hand from a board member a couple years ago.

kt-ORG-flat2.jpg

kt-ORG-copyrightonbutt.jpg

- k

Originally posted by phase pistol@Mar 5 2006, 09:32 PM
Years ago there was a licensed TOS blaster replica from BSG.org, the official fan club... these were mastered by HMS I believe, very crisp.

I got this one second hand from a board member a couple years ago.

kt-ORG-flat2.jpg

kt-ORG-copyrightonbutt.jpg

- k
[snapback]1199551[/snapback]​
Dang. That is sweet...

OBTW Got on, thanks for the site...

Gotta Give Rich Props on his Laser Pistol..

The Flash and sound are too cool for School.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back