Battlestar Galactica 2003 scratch build

Only scenes I can think of is the in the miniseries where you see a classic Cylon centurion and a basestar.

Other scene is where a Cylon heavy raider crashes through the museum window. Tho I can't remember the episode. I'll have to look that up ones I get home from work.

I still think you should just choose models of your favorite ship designs.
Oh yeah totally, but there’s also the gift shop thing, was it enclosed, open kiosk kinda thing or?

Oh yeah totally, but there’s also the gift shop thing, was it enclosed, open kiosk kinda thing or?
I think they only mention it, I can't recall ever seeing it. But Kara asks why they can't just use the launch tube in that landing bay, tyroll replies it's a giftshop now. Or something to that end.

I think they only mention it, I can't recall ever seeing it. But Kara asks why they can't just use the launch tube in that landing bay, tyroll replies it's a giftshop now. Or something to that end.
Must’ve been a really big gift shop lol, that thing is so frackin big they could have a shopping mall in there and still used half the launch tubes

Must’ve been a really big gift shop lol, that thing is so frackin big they could have a shopping mall in there and still used half the launch tubes

I seem to remember something like the Smithsonian Air museum in there and that is where they got the old MK II style vipers from and "pushed" them to the other side

Speaking of which, how did they push them from the museum pod to the working launch pod?

I guess there must be some internal way of transferring?

I seem to remember something like the Smithsonian Air museum in there and that is where they got the old MK II style vipers from and "pushed" them to the other side

Speaking of which, how did they push them from the museum pod to the working launch pod?

I guess there must be some internal way of transferring?
One can only imagine they had a transfer tunnel up through the pod supports

Or…there was a connecting tunnel through the main hull when the pods were retracted, that makes more sense I reckon
The classic version did actually have a structure connecting the two flight pods... I mean the model did.

That is the one thing I never really understood in this universe. They actually don't need the landing deck. Seeing how Apollo lands his viper. Then again I get why it would make for good entertainment, everyone instantly connects with the carrier in space concept.

In the classic show the vipers had skids with wheels, but they never did use the maneuvering concepts that the new show did. I actually don't think the new designs have wheels... Which speaks to the fact that they don't need the landing deck at all. Except for emergency landings I guess.

The classic version did actually have a structure connecting the two flight pods... I mean the model did.

That is the one thing I never really understood in this universe. They actually don't need the landing deck. Seeing how Apollo lands his viper. Then again I get why it would make for good entertainment, everyone instantly connects with the carrier in space concept.

In the classic show the vipers had skids with wheels, but they never did use the maneuvering concepts that the new show did. I actually don't think the new designs have wheels... Which speaks to the fact that they don't need the landing deck at all. Except for emergency landings I guess.
Right, I never understood why Luke landed on Degoba the way he did, I mean *****, the darn thing can slow hover right

I guess since they still need a spot to land even if they would not land like a traditional normal gravity bound jet, it is kind of like a giant parking lot?

You come down the runway looking for our spot, then hover over to it. That way you can land lots of ships quickly by having plenty of "parking space" open?

Of course that is probably way overthinking things and the real reason they went with design they did was because they looked cool

Excactley... For the story I guess.

In the new BSG I understand the need to be able to do an emegancy landing, but the vipers all just sit there, jumbled, forcing Starbuck to fly over them before she can touch down. One would think they'd have some sort of trapping and transporting procedure in place, to keep the landing strip clear. Imagine 20 f14s trying to land at the same time on a carrier... Caos!

Excactley... For the story I guess.

In the new BSG I understand the need to be able to do an emegancy landing, but the vipers all just sit there, jumbled, forcing Starbuck to fly over them before she can touch down. One would think they'd have some sort of trapping and transporting procedure in place, to keep the landing strip clear. Imagine 20 f14s trying to land at the same time on a carrier... Caos!
Sounds good to me fellas lol

The gift shop is coming along pretty well. I placed a few of the MK1 and MKII printed vipers on display formation, rattled Korban’s cage about the Falcon lol, and the plan for analyzer’s vipers he made for me are going on very last, I’m going to put them on really short wire launching from the port flight pod

Attachments

• B73BF0C8-4DD1-43B4-8426-AA0351139C04.jpeg
    B73BF0C8-4DD1-43B4-8426-AA0351139C04.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 5905C7DD-AC8F-4693-8C11-2653EB1C058F.jpeg
    5905C7DD-AC8F-4693-8C11-2653EB1C058F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
  • 5AACCDDC-D566-4DDF-8A9F-A6B12AF148B1.jpeg
    5AACCDDC-D566-4DDF-8A9F-A6B12AF148B1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • E5DCD2AD-0A21-471C-AF5A-70E8EC61B116.jpeg
    E5DCD2AD-0A21-471C-AF5A-70E8EC61B116.jpeg
    979.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 0984D54B-A0F9-4FB4-807B-0EF53D06D405.jpeg
    0984D54B-A0F9-4FB4-807B-0EF53D06D405.jpeg
    830.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 3C260D42-C5D2-474A-9FC6-2BC9C6CCDECE.jpeg
    3C260D42-C5D2-474A-9FC6-2BC9C6CCDECE.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 85
  • A61CAE66-439A-40B0-B691-8DF263FE8E23.jpeg
    A61CAE66-439A-40B0-B691-8DF263FE8E23.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • D7C189D8-47BB-418D-BDC2-D7345E876302.jpeg
    D7C189D8-47BB-418D-BDC2-D7345E876302.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • 550CBBC2-CE22-47C7-A8BB-09055E0FB8D0.jpeg
    550CBBC2-CE22-47C7-A8BB-09055E0FB8D0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back