Batman V. Superman showdown pepakura helmet

Looks great!, but the eyes look too low, i don't know it might just be me, I'm working on a 3D model of my own, I'm gonna make it for 3d printing and pep, i look forward to seeing more of your files, you are doing a great job modeling them!

I got sick and tired of ATZLAN's files being so much better than mine, so I'm giving it an upgrade. This is of course designed with foam in mind and I intend to edit the geometry for a cardstock version. I may even do the whole suit. I'm going to give it a bit of time and then reassess how it looks from the side before building it with foam.
View attachment 574497View attachment 574498

After looking at more pics, i think i take that back

Looks great!, but the eyes look too low, i don't know it might just be me, I'm working on a 3D model of my own, I'm gonna make it for 3d printing and pep, i look forward to seeing more of your files, you are doing a great job modeling them!

Haha, it's tough to tell because it's always tilted. I think I settled on lowering the top of the head, which basically had the same effect as raising the eyes, anyway.

yeah, i have lowered the top of mine too, I'm using hot toys pics as reference, because hot toys are pretty close to screen accurate.

Haha, it's tough to tell because it's always tilted. I think I settled on lowering the top of the head, which basically had the same effect as raising the eyes, anyway.

Wish I knew how to convert this file to foam. Don't have time for the paper build (one week until con). Great work though!! Your file looks spot on

That's an excellent video, but I think the video is instructing on how to create foam props by using a foam pepakura file. I think WBE was asking how to convert a paper pepakura file into a foam pepakura file. Each of those files are vastly different. The paper pepakura files have many pieces and foldable tabs for gluing. The foam pepakura files have few pieces and lots of "slits" inside which need to be joined manually (cutting/taping the printed paper) in order to use as a template to place it over foam and cut it out -- the video instructs exactly this aspect. It's still a great video! But I'm guessing converting a paper pepakura file into a foam pepakura file likely takes some technical know-how in pepakura designer or some other software.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back