Batman V. Superman showdown pepakura helmet

Thank you, charlie88

The neck was a mistake, thats a big reason why I wanted to change it. I wasn't going to bother though but they've been selling since SDCC, and as long as I'm making a bit of money, why not update it? Also; I pretty much had to change everything since you have to unfold from square one if you change the source file. There is a way to "reload" the model so that it preserves your unfold, but it hardly works. It's fine if you change something tiny but for this I had to basically start over.

I'm going to finish the one I've started it's taken a long time but it's now looking like the one from the movie. I'll soon post some updates of that as well.

Hmmm... I printed the previous version on paper. Lucky for me, I found this thread before cutting. Are there any pages outta the original 15 that I can cut using the previous version before you send me the new one?

Hey sorry manatoski, I missed your post somehow. I really doubt that you'd be able to use any of the old one anyway.

Joiiito: Short answer; No. Long answer; Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2GMR6DjDA He shows you how to make a template for foam out of pepakura. This is really the best method.

I did a video review of your File, Hazmat. It's for those interested in seeing it built and possibly purchasing the file from you. I linked your Etsy page in the description box on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! you're doing my job for me STEALTH! I'm retweeting this and of course subscribing to your channel. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the future.

I bought the file. Man, you REALLY should do the entire suit! I'm trying to build it, but nobody has done an accurate suit file yet! SUPER frustrating!

I'm getting close to being done with my build of this updated helmet. I'll admit I had some trouble with the lower back section. My fingers were just too big to deal with some of the finer detailed involved. :) But I'm going to do the detail with bodo and some apoxie sculpt.

Question.. Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of final paint to use? I was thinking the hammered gray spray paint?

I'm getting close to being done with my build of this updated helmet. I'll admit I had some trouble with the lower back section. My fingers were just too big to deal with some of the finer detailed involved. :) But I'm going to do the detail with bodo and some apoxie sculpt.

Question.. Anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of final paint to use? I was thinking the hammered gray spray paint?

To be honest, I don't like pepakura for small details like that back section. I think a better way would be to make that out of a block of foam and cut the detail into the block, but I people seem to want all the detail in the pep, so that's what I did.

Ughh, I really don't want to do the whole suit! this is selling *just* about enough to make me consider it though.

I really don't know about paint. I'm really hoping someone else will figure out what's best. I just want to be told "blank colour by blank brand" and be done with it, haha. It think hammered metal paint are too shiny for this though.

I'm starting to think a hammered metal spray paint for the texture, cover that with a dull steel or aluminum and then a clear coat for some specular highlights? I think I'll test that out and post my results.

So, after all of that work, it looks like my helmet is going to be too small...... How do I get the larger version that you mentioned earlier?

11870938_1017027978328760_6288694815871437994_n.jpg11062005_1017027964995428_6667963322291901153_n.jpg

I got sick and tired of ATZLAN's files being so much better than mine, so I'm giving it an upgrade. This is of course designed with foam in mind and I intend to edit the geometry for a cardstock version. I may even do the whole suit. I'm going to give it a bit of time and then reassess how it looks from the side before building it with foam.
batman helmet foam2.jpgbatman helmet foam.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back