Batman Returns Props, anyone else see these ?

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
TNGM1993lg.jpg

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TNGM1993

TNGM1992lg.jpg

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images//AUTOIMAGES/TNGM1992lg.jpg

Wouldn't a fiberglass cowl just be asking to be cast ? What's the logic ?

I've seen figerglass cowls of Burton's Batman done before, but I haven't seen a display like those.

As far as I know, no one's ever recasted a figerglass (but I don't buy props from eBay).

I used to have the screen used original grapple gun that he uses to dislodge a part of the wall onto the villain. The body was resin with some steel inserts and very crudely painted with grey painted string as wire, the actual brass harpoon though was very very intricate and well made, but one of the barbs as bent and broken on the end. It was stolen in a burglary in 1998, along with loads of Returns props.

I know that the cowl was shown at SDCC this year, and someone was saying that it seemed smaller than it should be. So, casting it might be a problem. But, as far as recasting a fiberglass cowl, there are several people who did that with the Knoble Collection TDK cowl. I see no reason why this one won't fall into the same recasting hands, except the possibility of it being too small.

I think the concept is cool. I would love to have that bust... just hoping they'd do a first movie Batman cowl in the same way, so they can be a pair.

Man, that REALLY awful. I know it was almost twelve years ago, but I bet it hurts the same.

If I gave you a list of everything, you'd be sick. The grapple gun was probably number ten on the list of most prominent props from the film, the total amount of props was about 25. My favourite was the clamp grapple that you don't see much on screen from the end scene, beautifully made solid all metal piece. I've not seen the film since.

If I gave you a list of everything, you'd be sick. The grapple gun was probably number ten on the list of most prominent props from the film, the total amount of props was about 25. My favourite was the clamp grapple that you don't see much on screen from the end scene, beautifully made solid all metal piece. I've not seen the film since.

This?

Batman689.jpg

No, not that one. It was used at the end when Batman slides into Penguins lair. It was a big black mole grip style tool with the spear/grapple on one end. You see Bats fire the grapple, then turn around and clamp the other end onto some stantion before sliding down. You really don't see it onscreen, but like that double ended speargun, it was a true work of art.

I know that the cowl was shown at SDCC this year, and someone was saying that it seemed smaller than it should be. So, casting it might be a problem. But, as far as recasting a fiberglass cowl, there are several people who did that with the Knoble Collection TDK cowl. I see no reason why this one won't fall into the same recasting hands, except the possibility of it being too small.

The cowls I saw at the Batshop and eventually tried on were DARN small so it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same size as the original.

Cool products.

Horrible story of the stolen props. I'd be inconsolable after something like that.
Thanks for sharing those details of the original.

Chuck...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back