Batman Returns Penguin Inspired Make-Up

Sleepyhollowstu

Hi everyone!

I sculpted, molded and cast this Penguin inspired appliance back during the summer and I finally got a chance to apply it this past week.

Like I said, it's inspired by the Penguin make-up from Batman Returns. I've just always liked the shape of that sculpture.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Penguin2_zps06eac202.jpg

Penguin1_zps298a39d5.jpg

-Andy

Thanks, man! It's just regular foam latex. I pulled it way back in July and I was getting tired of seeing it sit there on my lifecast. Stuff for my portfolio always gets put on the back burner for whatever reason.

Thanks again for the kind comments, guys!

-Andy

Thanks so much, guys! I appreciate it greatly!

Unfortunately, no, I don't have any pictures of the sculpture. I do, however, have pictures of the mold if anyone is interested in seeing those.

I always remember to take pictures of the sculpt about the time I have three layers of Ultracal on top of it. I'm AWFUL at remembering to document my work.

Thanks again!

-Andy

Like I said earlier, I unfortunately don't have any pictures of the sculpt, but here are the pictures of the mold, as well as my lifecast.

100_9949_zps2ef7147f.jpg

100_9943_zpsc2f5b3c1.jpg

100_9945_zps6e7bd30a.jpg

Still haven't cleaned it after the first pull of the Penguin appliance. This lifecast has about had it, but it's still got some life in it.

Anyway, hope you find the pictures of the mold interesting, and thanks again for the comments, guys!

-Andy

I just stumbled upon this, and have to say it is excellent. I've tried to do a bit of appliance pieces myself, though not to the success you achieved here. I think part/most of my issues related to my process. If you do not mind, what was your start-to-finish process to make this? I realize that could be... a lengthy post. If you (or anyone else for that matter) know of a good thread to point me towards, I'd be very appreciative! I'm thinking ahead for Halloween 2K13!

I can't even spot the outline of the appliance. It's blended in that well. The sculpt is very well done too. Not going too excessive with detailing, but rather keeping the detail work in line with how detailed your own skin is.

Can't wait to see more.

I just stumbled upon this, and have to say it is excellent. I've tried to do a bit of appliance pieces myself, though not to the success you achieved here. I think part/most of my issues related to my process. If you do not mind, what was your start-to-finish process to make this? I realize that could be... a lengthy post. If you (or anyone else for that matter) know of a good thread to point me towards, I'd be very appreciative! I'm thinking ahead for Halloween 2K13!

Hey WickedGamer! Thanks for the kind comments! I started writing a detailed description of how I do my make-ups, but then I realized I was rambling and most likely incoherent, so I decided just to refer you to this video.

Part 1
Dick Smith - Old Age Make-Up (part 1) - YouTube

Part 2
Dick Smith - Old Age Make-Up (part 2) - YouTube

Dick goes through the entire process of make-up appliances and does a much better job of explaining it than I would have.

I hope that helps!

Thanks again!

-Andy

I can't even spot the outline of the appliance. It's blended in that well. The sculpt is very well done too. Not going too excessive with detailing, but rather keeping the detail work in line with how detailed your own skin is.

Thanks for the kind comments, TMG! That's one of the rules I've learned and worked on over the years: match your actor's pore structure and skin texture. You can sculpt a beautiful make-up, but if it doesn't match at the blending point you've ruined your illusion.

Thanks again for the kind words!

-Andy

Hey WickedGamer! Thanks for the kind comments! I started writing a detailed description of how I do my make-ups, but then I realized I was rambling and most likely incoherent, so I decided just to refer you to this video.

Part 1
Dick Smith - Old Age Make-Up (part 1) - YouTube

Part 2
Dick Smith - Old Age Make-Up (part 2) - YouTube

Dick goes through the entire process of make-up appliances and does a much better job of explaining it than I would have.

I hope that helps!

Thanks again!

-Andy

Very helpful, thanks!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back