Batman Dead End (New Behind the scenes)

Hey Alberto...
This is what an albino should look like... look ma.. no orange!
Pete you rock!
petealbino.jpg

petealbino3.jpg

petealbino2.jpg

Making an "Albino" Predator, to me seems to be humanizing them. Passing on human ailments to an alien species that's nothing like us. "Hey it looks cool!!!" No, it really doesn't. What really gets me is the fact that these things are nothing like us, but people try to make them more like us- I. E. "Albinoism", Tattoos, Piercings, etc. etc. My nerdy ass is speaking up. Enough.

oh i dunno it looks pretty cool to me. and big guns that definatly puts that other mask to shame.

but a if clan live in a place with out sun ????? i think they are like an albino

TK... I am so done with orange ~Mel

*pouts

It's all good. I actually thought about it and maybe that might be the thing to try with my first mask paint job since it won't need to be as "accurate". I still need to send ya Scar whenever you are ready. No rush though. He isn't going anywhere.

That Albino look is simply stunning. There is something about it that gives the creature a horrific look. Every time I see it I think of a home planet dimly lit with very little sun. When you look at it from this perspective it’s easy to imagine the lack of color the creature would have. Just take a look at some of Earths own creatures that spend their entire lives in caves.

TiGeR

redbats.jpg

MoviesCollin has offered a PIF of painting one up like ole Red for me. My question is, what might be best to use for the 2 spheres on his bio?

actually the domes on the bio aren't solid yellow they are clear, the back of them is painted yellow.

i'm sure if you go to a model store and pick up a few clear domes, slice them in half with a dremmel that will do the trick.

actually the domes on the bio aren't solid yellow they are clear, the back of them is painted yellow

Well that's a neat detail. Stuff like that tells you that whoever made it has spent a lot of time and thought into it.

Making an "Albino" Predator, to me seems to be humanizing them. Passing on human ailments to an alien species that's nothing like us. "Hey it looks cool!!!" No, it really doesn't. What really gets me is the fact that these things are nothing like us, but people try to make them more like us- I. E. "Albinoism", Tattoos, Piercings, etc. etc. My nerdy ass is speaking up. Enough.

Well actually, I think of many other species when I hear the word Albino rather than automatically thinking human. There's tons of animals out there that have albino variations... from bears to rats

As far as humanizing them, they definitely have human-like characteristics, and their clan heirarchy and formality to custom, the tattoos, piercings and other tribal rituals make sense. Besides, didn't we learn in AVP that they were our gods? *barf*

Faken

Tom,

Thanks for the email bro... If Andrew plays his cards right and comes to the Predator stronghold bearing gifts, he might just leave not only with his life, but with some BDE behind the scenes uncut video footage, LOL! ****** I have like 11 hours of it...
I'll be discussing all sorts of things with Andy, as I'm looking forward to meeting him... Busting his nuts in person is going to be awesome!!!!
You guys can send all gifts, props, donations, bribes, etc, to Andrew before he leaves for LA, for delivery to me. LOL!

Be good guys,
SC

Cannot believe I missed this thread!!!I am stoked about these pics.Thanks so much for posting them.I am still working on my P1/dead end style pred.I made all my own armor from sheet steel, as well as my computer gauntlet, and now I am still fiddling with my bodysuit,and my dread rings.
You can see some of my armor work at www.freewebs.com/wickedbeard.I would love your professional opinion.

Cannot believe I missed this thread!!!I am stoked about these pics.Thanks so much for posting them.I am still working on my P1/dead end style pred.I made all my own armor from sheet steel, as well as my computer gauntlet, and now I am still fiddling with my bodysuit,and my dread rings.
You can see some of my armor work at www.freewebs.com/wickedbeard.I would love your professional opinion.

Sorry, I forgot to log in before that last post.

wow, this mask is simply amazing.If you ever sell this please let me know.I would love to have this puppy on display.

I don't think she ever bought that mask. She was just showing pictures of how one will look etc. I believe the mask was sold on ebay long time ago. Who knows where that mask ended up now.

how cool is this
i went back and read this entire thread. it's great to see the spirit of the forum.

when it works, it works well.

AM

Yeah, Sandy Collora wanted them to be more insectiod,
the fist one is called "Wasp Predator" an the red one is known as a "Samari Predator"
Sandy paranley created the samari pred. long ago in concept art but saw this as an
oppurtunity to bring him to life.
Behind The Seens documentaries rule!
These Predators were really cool in Batman Dead End and I will definately be
going to www.sboobtv.com/ for more films!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back