Batman Cowl How to make? Help me please

Lukas

Hi I am Polish guy, I want to make batman cowl. I would like to know How to make this Mask/ Cowl How to use materials. Please Help guys and Thanks

there are a lot of ways to make a batman cowl,

to keeps things short it all matters on a few things:

Budget,
what are your skills,
what materials can you get.
what kind of model (wearable, display etc..)

I'd browse this forum some more there are a couple of faom builds which look good, are wearable and are not so expensive to make. there should be a pep file around here aswell if you want to try that angle.

to make a latex mask you first have to sculpt it in clay and then mold it. then use the mold to make the latex castings.
theres tons of sculpting and molding tutorials on youtube so that's also a good source of ideas and instructions.
hope that helped a bit! good luck

Check out The Brotherhood of the Bat forum : Forum ~ Runboard
If you use their search feature, you're bound to find helpful information.
Basically what you'll be doing is sculpting the mask in clay on a head armature, then you cover that in a molding gel (I believe some people use ultra cal 30, and EM 210, but I could be wrong. Feel free to correct that) Once you have that mold done, you make a master mold out of fiberglass. (That's the hard shell to keep everything in place) Once that's all hardened, you take our your original sculpt, and then put together your molds again. Then you can pour your latex/urethane into the mold, making sure the inside is all covered, and then pour out the excess. Depending on how thick you want the mask to be, you'll have to pour the latex several times.
This is what I've learned from researching it myself (Youtube, Brotherhood of the Bat, Google) but I haven't actually done it.

Keep us updated on what you decide to do!

Thanks ! could you concrete name material which Can I use ?

many people use WED clay that is a water based clay and will dry out and harden if not kept sealed while your not working on it, but i use monster clay that is oil based so it does not dry out or harden.
to make the mold you'll want to use ultracal which is a type of concrete or plaster and do not need to do a fiberglass outer shell.

once you have your mold done you just pour the latex into the mold and slush it around to cover the mold.

heres the link for where to get the monster clay and also an armature to sculpt on: The Monster Makers - 866-521-(SPFX)7739 - Halloween Latex Mask Making Kits, Fang Kits, Special Effects Supplies and more

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back