Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.

Kind of, I mean how will you make sure all the pieces will interlock correctly, because a small error could turn out to be catastrophic in terms of proportions.

Hey tehdarkknight

I know the pieces will interlock correctly because I didn't sculpt them separately,I made a full head sculpture then dissected it into the pieces I need

moviepropmaker6

Hey guys,

just finished the polymorph horns and connected the motors to it.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how this plays out - heck, I might even learn a thing or two about electronics :D

Following with keen interest - looks like you're making great progress so far.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out - heck, I might even learn a thing or two about electronics :D

Following with keen interest - looks like you're making great progress so far.

hey jokerman,

I see you're in interested in the electronics part of this mask.I so wish i could upload videos on the rpf, to show you exactly how the electronics work.

Moviepropmaker6

Just finished connecting motors to all the pieces.Pay close attention to each photo's duplicate.one shows the piece down on the motor and the other shows the piece up on the motor.
The motors i have are called linear actuator motors.The motors use a lead screw which turns turning motion(like a normal motor does) into linear motion ,meaning side to side.This means that the motors i Have are just normal motors with long shaft using a lead screw.soreally everything depends on the lead screw,without it the motors i have would be normal motors.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 136
Hey guys:cry,

whoever thought that my mask motor idea would not work was right, the interlocking of the pieces and the weight of the pieces was wrong so my mask didnt work........but at the beginning i had a backup plan,if the motors didnt work i wouldve stuck all the pieces together to make a replica a hardshell arkham knight batman mask.so thats what i did and atill finishing.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hey guys ,sorry for the wait,the hot glue proved to be not a good glue for resin.So Im thinking epoxy glue for the pieces.any of you guys ever used epoxy glue to stick epoxy resin pieces together?

Hey guys, these are all the finished pieces,but i lost one piece,but i still have the mold so i can cast another one now. Just have to modify the store bought forehead image.jpeg and eyepiece with polymorph and experiment With Different glues to see which one is the best for epoxy resin and then spray paint everything a really dark grey like in the game.

image.jpegSooo.... Thanks to e60flip345 for the file ,im going to start making a pep foam batman arkham knight cowl,my printer wasnt working,so i traced each piece off of the laptop.and...since i dont like being a quitter , i salvaged all the motors from last time and one the pep pieces are finished i will start my project all over again.last time the main problem of the mechanism was the weight of the pieces.the motors were not strong enough to move the weight of the pieces,since this time im using lightweight foam i think that wont be a problem,

,Moviepropmaker6

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back