Batman Begins Scarecrow

ses0713

This will be my first cosplay that I am building...I know that scarecrow from Arkham is more detailed and kick *****, but I want to make it the best and easiest with my limit skills.

Best place for screen grabs?
Any tips, tricks, things you wish you knew as a n00b?

I also have these images from both the movie and conventions (Comic-Con)

96e1f5d8cda00abeb48c043d1c1365cd.jpg277177.p.jpgdk0173.jpgScarecrow-13.jpgScarecrow-14.jpg

Might I suggest lining the burlap (if you go with burlap)? It will be itchy as hell otherwise. Also using a lovely product called Fray Check on your edges will help prevent it fraying to the point of falling apart. I used it on the cloak on my Arkham Knight Scarecrow which I frayed to death but the frays never go further than where I put the Fray Check, so it works great. Might be worth checking out (pun unintended)

Might I suggest lining the burlap (if you go with burlap)? It will be itchy as hell otherwise. Also using a lovely product called Fray Check on your edges will help prevent it fraying to the point of falling apart. I used it on the cloak on my Arkham Knight Scarecrow which I frayed to death but the frays never go further than where I put the Fray Check, so it works great. Might be worth checking out (pun unintended)

What do you recommend or how do I line the burlap

Basically whatever shape of fabric you cut out for the burlap, make an exact replica in whatever fabric you line it with (anything cotton is good. muslin is cheap and very breathable.). You'll essentially be making 2 masks, except the one that is made out of the lining you'll have with your seams facing outwards (against the burlap). That way you have the smooth cotton side on your face rather than the burlap. This explains it better than I can I think
http://masque-cosplay.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Lining-Your-Costumes-Why-do-it-226364345

Basically whatever shape of fabric you cut out for the burlap, make an exact replica in whatever fabric you line it with (anything cotton is good. muslin is cheap and very breathable.). You'll essentially be making 2 masks, except the one that is made out of the lining you'll have with your seams facing outwards (against the burlap). That way you have the smooth cotton side on your face rather than the burlap. This explains it better than I can I think
http://masque-cosplay.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Lining-Your-Costumes-Why-do-it-226364345

best place to get burlap, do i buy burlap on amazon or do i go to a coffee roasters...?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back