Batman Begins Ninja Suit

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by the_CEO, Jun 21, 2005.

1. the_CEO

the_CEO New Member

Particularly the gauntlets? I loved the ninja training costume worn during the fight between Ras and Bruce. Who's tried putting it all together?

Pics?

2. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i remember there was a full suit on ebay lke last year...if anyone saved the pic.

3. saber_holder

saber_holder Active Member

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  4. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Well-Known Member

I know someone on this board had an actual one up for grabs at one time or another but is anyone attempting at making this awesome outfit ?

Let me know

- John

5. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

color me interested, i really dig the training outfit that liam neeson had, along with the outfit that bale had.

looked cooler with the gauntlets and the gi rather than the whole "armored up" look.

chris

6. the_CEO

the_CEO New Member

I think that once the video surfaces in October we'll see some great stuff around here.

I'm definitely interested in that Ninja suit as well (armor and all) but even moreso, I WANT THE GAUNTLETS.....

7. Alien

Alien New Member

[​IMG]

8. Alien

Alien New Member

[​IMG]

9. Riskbreaker

Riskbreaker Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's awesome, Allen. Is that yours?

10. Darth-Starwalker

Darth-Starwalker New Member

Saweeett. I want those Gauntlets to.

11. Alien

Alien New Member

No. I wish it was mine. I have ninjas on the brain lately. I found it doing a search on Altavista.

12. hansicle

hansicle Sr Member

There were a few people interested in that suit. If I remember properly, it was a stunt man's suit who was able to "aquire" it after a shoot. I was interested in it, but the price would have sent me renting a room at the local public storage.......

13. the_CEO

the_CEO New Member

Oh the sweet beauty.

That is absolutely gorgeous. Come on, someone has to know something about this. Somewhere, somehow, someone has this outfit and is doing the right thing.

Alien, thanks for the pics. You're a lifesaver.

14. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

That suit is amazing, I would love to get one as well. What a pity that only Rubies does have the license for the costumes. I think MR would do a great job.

Perheps there is a Paul Chen armour that can be modified? Any Paul Chen dealer on the board?

Domenik

P.S. Did you saw this one from Rubies.....

Rubies ugly Batman Ninja costume

It´s like a dream, yes, a nightmare

15. ObiJuan70

Are there any other images to reference this outfit anywhere ?

16. Wei

Wei New Member

Yeah. If anyone has a photo to show the entire suit?

No money to buy it, but would like to make a 1/6 custom figure ^_^

17. lambotour

lambotour Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here's a couple of uhm, screen caps, but it's too dark throughtout the movie to get some decent ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried seeing what I could get from the fight between Ras and Bruce, but it was a no go. I think the pic listed above, in an earlier post, is a * good one to go by. :)

18. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

Still in the trying to figure out what the fine details are stages of this project, but I'm working on the armor in leather. Then attack the gauntlets. I will post pics once I get started on some leather work.

Rudy G.

19. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

Anyone remember how much the one on Ebay went for?

20. AF Ghostbuster

AF Ghostbuster New Member

I found some of the screen used gauntlets...

mod edit: just a link issue, no biggie. pm sent.

21. ObiJuan70

So has anyone worked on this ?

I will probably end up modding some Kendo armor to accomodate this outfit.

22. Prop-Maker

Prop-Maker Well-Known Member

Not to sound... you know, but Liam Neeson looked darn good in that Ninja outfit. Just seemed to suit him very well. Plus, he kinda had that Stephen K. Hayes (in his heyday) kinda-thing goin'. Neeson was BEYOND perfect for that role. D*** good job, Qui-Gon. Big ups.

23. Durasteel Corporation

Durasteel Corporation Well-Known Member

In a couple of weeks, I will have something "in hand" that will be very cool. Its not a reproduction. :D Im making a metal repro for the owner.

24. ObiJuan70

PLEASE keep me informed Durasteel

25. Durasteel Corporation

Durasteel Corporation Well-Known Member

To be clear, the original is not something I am going to offer.

Only hand made/ from scratch metal repros; gotta keep me word to the owner. :) But I hope it will look very close and Ill take some pics of my version to show you guys.

26. Kris

Kris Sr Member

It reminded me of concept art of TPM, where Qui-Gon is in a training outfit. Sorta made by Hasbro: http://www.rebelscum.com/potjquigonarmor.asp

27. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

Picked up leather going to be working on it this weekend. I'll take pics once I have something to show.

Rudy G.

28. Magic Man

Magic Man Well-Known Member

I love the pre-painted gauntlets. Bobby C owned a pair of screen used ones earlier this year, I believe.

Brad

29. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

Well for right now I'll be happy getting the leather portion done, then tackle the gauntlets later.

Rudy G.

30. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Geeez i haven't heard the name Stephen K. Hayes in such along time.I always wanted to move to Ohio to study under him. I agree the Ninja suit in BB looked awesome.. Liam wore it well.

31. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd New Member

Might it be easier to make the gauntlet pieces from clay, then mold and resin cast?

32. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Anyone ever get around to making a set?

33. Starkiller0613

Starkiller0613 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some repros of the guantlets especially. I have some good pics of some screen used ones if anyone would like to host them for me.

34. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I had a request to make the leather armor, but I haven't seen and quality photos of the actual items, just screen caps.

35. Starkiller0613

IAMMAUL is going to host some pics for me. Hopefully they are helpful to someone who can make these happen.

36. FETTCLONE

FETTCLONE Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of making some since seeing them at the prop showing in Toronto. I'm just starting to work with resin, though, so I need a little practice and info on what resins are best to use, maybe some help finding pricing. Already been practicing with the Klean Klay.

Got my picture taken leaning against the side of the tumbler/batmobile that day, too. If I wasn't already in love with the movie, that would have sealed it anyways. What are folk's thoughts on the gauntlet "blades"- resin, some kind of rubber?

Are we looking for accurate raised pattern on the gauntlet, too? Or just flat, smooth panels?

37. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

38. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Nice pictures of the gauntlets, but I'm more interested in the chest/shoulder armor bits. Has anyone got closeups on them?

39. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

PLEASE someone offer the gauntlets.

40. FETTCLONE

FETTCLONE Well-Known Member

I'm starting to sculpt, but it won't be finished right away. I want to take the time to get it right and be sure my fiberglass/resin skills are good enough to do it justice. Any thoughts on the best medium to make the spikes in? Fiberglass, resin, other?

41. TMP

TMP Sr Member

This is a project i really want to do. I got the machinery to make the details of the armor and to replicate that suit. If people are genuine interested we can make ONE batch of 10 or more.

42. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

By details of the armor do you mean the gauntlets? the armor part jsut looks like leather over a shell with leather trim around the the pieces.

43. Starkiller0613

I'd be interested in the guantlets above all, but I'd have to see the rest of the suit before I was definitely in on an entire suit.

44. Dakk

Dakk New Member

Did a "proof of concept" ever take off for this?

45. ObiJuan70

I guess not, I will probably get some Kendo Bogu to use as a base and try and build from there . . .

46. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

Here's some updates on the Leather portion. In the pics are the chest and sides along with the embossed straps which will attach the sholder bells with the chest and the back, The front flap, and the face gaurd. I finally got the black to match up and now I shape and re-dye, and start working on the fine details on the chest. Hope you like.

Rudy G.

Pics removed

47. takevin

takevin Sr Member

looks good I think, but Ill need my magnifying glass to see the pics. LOL :p

48. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

Well I got one if you need it. :love Fine I'll put bigger pics, I just figured you wouldn't see anything wrong if they were small pics. :D

Rudy G.

49. takevin

takevin Sr Member

ahh heck I turn 37 at the end of month, feeling olddd.

50. IAMMAUL

IAMMAUL Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(takevin @ Jun 18 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1263393[/snapback]</div>
    Not old just older. :angel

Rudy G.