Batgirl sculpt (Pic Heavy From Start to Finish)

Hudson82

Wanted to show another finished sculpture of mine, this is a commissioned piece that was asked to be done based on an old concept drawing by Artist Miles Teves form Batman and Robin. I liked this project because it asked for a Batgirl that doesn’t fit what we saw in Batman and Robin in terms of cowl and it isn’t what you typically see from other sculptors’ capturing Batgirl. This piece to me has a sexy feel to it while maintaining a though and slick polished look the Schumacher series cowls had. I know that some might question the tight neck, but the commissioner wanted it to be like a second skin. I don’t yet know what they have planed exactly for casting, but there are quite a few options for this to fit as tight as it is sculpted to the armature.

Pic used for reference.
Batgirl.jpg

I have included some photos from the start to show how it began, progressed and ended.

Enjoy,

Keith

Batwomen01.jpg

bw003.jpg

bw007.jpg

bw009.jpg

bw019.jpg

bw032.jpg

bw030.jpg

black.jpg

BG5.jpg

BG4.jpg

BG3.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG1.jpg

For those interested I have finished a casting of my Batgirl Project. It came out better than I expected. Very slick and clean.

Keith

bg1.jpg

bg2.jpg

bg5.jpg

bg4.jpg

Thank you for the kind replies, I hope to convince my wife to try one on for some pics.

As for clay smoothness the clay is Chavant Y2klay and to be honest it has taken me several years to perfect a smoothing technique without using solvents. Here is what I have practiced over the years to achieve it. I start with a series of rakes from large toothed ones to finer toothed until the marks are so fine you can't tell unless up close. Afterwards I use slicks of various gauges to finally smooth the surface with the aid of water. I finalize the sculpture by spraying it with a coat of flat paint before molding.

Hope that helps

Keith

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back