"BATA" HLMF / HRMF Decals 90% done (95% hasbro parts HRMF build)

Hi Guys,

Robert, the photos I have are from the net forgot where it is from but it is possibly from the Onedrive archive. I was looking for the one you mentioned near the disk but so far could not locate any red & white decals there. Here are some more I found...

View attachment 444336
<> Unsure what is the Zoomed out photo though. [remainder snipped]

JPCO, the above is item #77 on the spreadsheet, check image 2037_SWI_9548.jpg for a closeup. (Finally back tracked to it...)

R/ Robert

Ok, here are a few I have located in this image...(not sure where the image originated, sorry)

Bottom Rear-4.jpg

...a close look at the image revels a few more easter eggs......a couple more names: lorne peterson and jon erland.

Bottom-Rear-4_zoom.jpgBottom-Rear-4_zoom01.jpgBottom-Rear-4_zoom02.jpg

On the rear landing gear box, just forward of the starboard landing gear doors there is a decal with some undecipherable text and just below (towards the center of the ship) is decal of the name lorne peterson.

Bottom-Rear-4_zoom03.jpgBottom-Rear-4_zoom04.jpg

The other name is found on the bottom of the starboard access tunnel, just aft of four black square decals on the centerline of the tunnel (not sure if the squares have already been added to the spreadsheet?)

...more to come (another name too!)

imurme

some more...

kg_m-falcon_-123_preview.jpgkg_m-falcon_-123_zoom.jpg

On the Forbidden Plastic image (kg_m-falcon_-123.jpg) on the starboard side of the center raised jaw box, about mid-way up, there is more of the text being used from the Microscale sheet mentioned in post #115 above...

695_SWI_8204_temp.jpg695_SWI_8204_temp2.jpg

In an image from Steve's OneDrive set (695_SWI_8204.jpg) there is a small decal on the outside bottom wall of the starboard access tunnel just below the blast damage hole, not sure if it is text or numbers or just a design?

View attachment VEH_IA_822.jpgVEH_IA_822_preview.jpgVEH_IA_822_preview01.jpg

This black and white image (VEH_IA_822.jpg) shows several more decals on the bottom of the aft landing box, including another name: joe johnston : which is located rearward on the port side near a round vent greeblie...right next to the name is a decal of a 'highway one sign' (there is some text above the number one on the sign that I can't quite make out).

VEH_IA_822_preview03.jpg

There is also another strip of the white on black number sequence (used in the 'drive safely' decal) located on the starboard side of the landing box opposite the name...

VEH_IA_822_preview02.jpg

The others I see are harder to identify in this shot but I thought I would point them out so that better sources can be found...the one more to the port of center is what appears to be a decal of an airplane dashboard...the other two closer to the center look like some text?

...the search goes on...

imurme

Now you guys did say you wanted this to be a complete resource, right??? no matter how small or obscure? Hehe..

...I just hope...that we can document the decals applied to the 5-footer as completely as possible for posterity, whether they are actually practical for printing or not...

As has been mentioned a couple times here, alot of the decals being found are from a 5ft studio scale model and would not work for other smaller scales or even locate correctly on other versions such as the Hasbro's or other 32" based kits...but at least documenting the locations and sources of ALL the decals can also be of use to those who would like to do one at studio scale (Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Decal Set...coming soon)

With that in mind I thought I could also point out a couple decals I noticed on this image below that appear to have fallen off over the years or are hard to see in other sources...

1979mpcboxmf29mb.jpg1979mpcboxmf29mb_preview.jpg

Here we can see two decals on the front starboard mandible tip, a yellow decal on top and a red and white decal below it...both of these I have not seen on any later images and appear to have fallen off...
1979mpcboxmf29mb_preview01.jpg

...another one that has fallen off is the orange diagonal striped decal (similar to the decals used on both sides below the engine at the back (decal #56 on the spreadsheet) it is located on the lower starboard sidewall a little ways back from the front of the ship (*side note: there is a 'cummins powered' decal [#2] just above it there, don't that has been added yet either)
1979mpcboxmf29mb_preview02.jpg

....speaking of 'cummins powered' decals, there is one more really faded one right on the top of the hull, just off the center-line, mid-way up the body on the raised jaw box area...and across from it on the port side hull, just below the radar dish is a red/white/blue strip on the gray painted hull plate...hard to see in other shots cause the radar dish usually is covering it....but there is one image I found showing it in the Forbidden Plastic images (kg_m-falcon_-100.jpg)
1979mpcboxmf29mb_preview03.jpgkg_m-falcon_-100_zoom.jpg

[Edit]...found an image that shows the 'cummins powered' better...
IMG_1624.jpg

...be back with more soon

imurme

Last edited:
Great job, imurme! I didn't even think about such a source as the MPC kit box. Talk about 'thinking outside the box' - ha! I couldn't resist that one. Such a stinker!

I was wondering if there were some older images out there that would help. Guess I'll start going out into Facebook again...

R/ Robert

some more...
View attachment 445074

This black and white image (VEH_IA_822.jpg) shows several more decals on the bottom of the aft landing box, including another name: joe johnston : which is located rearward on the port side near a round vent greeblie...right next to the name is a decal of a 'highway one sign' (there is some text above the number one on the sign that I can't quite make out).
<snipped>.

imurme

Imurme, this is most likely another of the 'No. 1 in Moving' Allied Movers decals... just like what is atop the cockpit.

R/ Robert

Imurme, this is most likely another of the 'No. 1 in Moving' Allied Movers decals... just like what is atop the cockpit.

R/ Robert

Well duh, of course it would be, I should have realized that!

...and it gives me the scale...

(I think hours of looking at these decals has fried my brain....lol)

imurme

Correction to my post #114: #97: I found an old image, poor grainy one of the engine deck, but it is clear enough to see that the Valvoline logo is cut just BELOW the 'V' & the white circle of the logo is contained by a red square. I'd include the image but it is so grainy, just take me at my word - for now!
Regards, Robert

NEW items (to the spreadsheet, anyway..)
#108: This is an F-4 "front" instrument panel decal, most likely from a 1:48 or 1:32 scale Revell kit. Located on underside of ED near core on centerline
#109: This is the red-black (or blue)-red stripe, located just aft of #108
#110: As reported earlier by imurme, this is probably a side console panel decal from an aircraft kit (we needed a color image of it to make sure it wasn't a decal depicting a calendar with pinups...no, really!) Still need a better view of it, but it is in black and white.

Note also the red decal and the 'reflective' stripe; in this old series of images (source now unknown) there is a lot of flash reflection from these stripes. I will attempt to get them mapped in the future, as they are fairly prominent falling on the edges of the exhaust ports on the ED and various other 'edges'.
R/ Robert

Attachments

• no_108_109_110  locator.jpg
    no_108_109_110 locator.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 178
NEW items (to spreadsheet) found in old archive images:
#111: Four black rectangular blocks in a row, previously reported by imurme
#112: Black text for name 'John Erland' as previously reported by imurme
#113: Black block that looks like a cassette tape.
#114: Blue & red stripe with intruding white triangle design.

R/ Robert

Attachments

• no_111_112_113_114 locator.jpg
    no_111_112_113_114 locator.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 155
New items:
#115: Set of two black blocks that appear to be cockpit placards but may also be from the RR data sheet
#116: Indistinct view of a black block that appears to be a RR loco number board or just another cockpit placard. Cockpit placards are thin metal plates that have bits of text stamped into them, which show as bare metal because the black overcoat it removed by the stamping process.

Note that a second instance of item #9 is also visible on the front face of the 'sensor box' located between the starboard 'chassis box' detail on the upper hull along with #115.
Regards. Robert

Attachments

• no_115_116 locator.jpg
    no_115_116 locator.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 167
NEW items (to the spreadsheet, anyway..)
#108: This is an F-4 "front" instrument panel decal, most likely from a 1:48 or 1:32 scale Revell kit. Located on underside of ED near core on centerline
#109: This is the red-black (or blue)-red stripe, located just aft of #108
#110: As reported earlier by imurme, this is probably a side console panel decal from an aircraft kit (we needed a color image of it to make sure it wasn't a decal depicting a calendar with pinups...no, really!) Still need a better view of it, but it is in black and white.

Note also the red decal and the 'reflective' stripe; in this old series of images (source now unknown) there is a lot of flash reflection from these stripes. I will attempt to get them mapped in the future, as they are fairly prominent falling on the edges of the exhaust ports on the ED and various other 'edges'.
R/ Robert

...here is a slightly better shot (rotated and zoomed) from Guy Cowen's image set (IMG_0054.JPG) of the newly added #108 (which I am thinking is an F4-E or F4-D variant instrument panel)...the one I posted before (#110) is also (kinda) visible just above it (i'm still thinking it is a side panel)

IMG_0054_rot_zoom.jpg

UPDATES: New sources and clarifications:

New items:
#115: Set of two black blocks that appear to be cockpit placards but may also be from the RR data sheet

#116: Indistinct view of a black block that appears to be a RR loco number board or just another cockpit placard. Cockpit placards are thin metal plates that have bits of text stamped into them, which show as bare metal because the black overcoat it removed by the stamping process.

#115 Source: The two black blocks are found on the decal sheet for the 1/25 AMT Watkins Motor Lines Fruehauf Reefer Van Trailer (in the eBay archive mentioned earlier in this thread)

AMT Watkins Motor Lines.jpg

...other decals also found on this sheet are the Fruehauf (#61), and a 'Cummins Powered' (#2), also found are the 'Twin Black Strips' mentioned in post #90 (did'nt see it on my latest spreadsheet [Decal Tracker_20150226])...

Center-Front-Top_zoom.jpg

#116 Identified: This black box is actually another '302041' number sequence, the same decal that is used in #25 and #80 (speaking of, there is another just like #80 on the opposite mandible that is not on my tracker sheet...see image below)

Front-Top-02_crop.jpg

...also note the other two single 'RR data plates' (from the Microscale decal sheet), one on the front of the starboard mandible, and the other sitting on a half-cylinder, mid-way back to the first pit on the port mandible...

imurme

Last edited:
Great findings, Imurme! We know now that all these number strings are from the Microscale AM sheets that have loco "number boards" on them. This includes the 'DRIVE SAFELY' "license number"; this is useful since the artwork can be reused. Once some idea of the actual size is mapped, we can even ID whether it was from an HO or O gauge sheet; I don't think it would have been an N gauge sheet - certainly too small!

RE: the RR Data Plate decals, one on the top of the port mandible is on the Tracker as #99; the other location on the tip of the strbd mandible tip seems to be too small to be one of the data plates; do you have a better view that shows it (perhaps it is a partial decal?)

I actually picked up a MS RR sheet at the Old Dominion Open model show this past weekend and could see that the numbers are in a 'block' font basically the same as the military uses (sans serif and with corners trimmed...but so small that the corners look to have a radius.)

All, located all around the underside (mostly appears AFAIK on the landing gear doors) are twin holes, one larger & one smaller. I suspect these are related to the prop's landing gear parts,perhaps little 'grab' holes to pull off the doors or simply holes that the gear plugs into. Initially I thought perhaps lights with tiny switch holes so a probe can turn them on and off. but there seems to be too many of them... In any case, I'm wondering if they should be included as decals?

BTW, just sent out the updated Tracker spreadsheet from yesterday, which should bring it up to yesterday's discussion (I'm incorporating imurme's findings in today's file...) Cheers!

R/ Rorbert

Last edited:
Patrick (aka "JPCOdessa), I have updated my response Post #102 to your findings in Post #99 in accord with getting everything double checked & into the Tracker. Just thought you'd want to know!

Here are some preliminary stats:

178 instances composed of 129 different decals (some of the 129 are not yet confirmed, but the instances count is confirmed.)

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Hi Robert

Thanks, i got your latest tracker...will also check on more....

New one coming out tonight; I added a column to show which items I have an in situ image of on file. I still haven't found some like the 'ACCEL' logo, though it seems I saw it some where!? So, if you're looking through the Tracker and see something with no defined location, see if you know or can determine where its located.

We're now up to 151 different decals with over 200 instances. Plus, I found another #29 on top of the starboard docking tunnel. Little critter was hiding! Cheers!
Robert

One hypothetical question: What does everyone have against the port underside of the Falcon? All these archives and extremely poor coverage (if any) of the aft port underside.
Jeeps! It makes it so difficult to be complete...
Regards, and thanks for listening - Robert

I think it's just the angle the model is mounted on that makes it difficult to photograph. It's the same with the 32in Falcon as well.

I think it's just the angle the model is mounted on that makes it difficult to photograph. It's the same with the 32in Falcon as well.

Ah, I think you're right. I just noticed that feature (model mounted as if climbing to port.) What we need is an *old* archive to help with all the missing, flaked off decals (like the three that were on the dish base that left god sized yellowed-glue spots...) Looking through the 'Parts map' thread in Studio Scale forum, I saw a picture of the super-sized dish prop, and on the base was a large 'placard' looking decal, so perhaps the same on the 5-footer. Still, I saw the Accel logo but now can't seem to find it again - thinking it is under the lower port side... Regards, Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back