Base gun used for Deckard's PDK in Bladerunner?

The CA is in .44 cal. The rifle is also correct, and is a .22 cal.

If you're looking to buy the CA, you'll want to get an older model. The new models have a different trigger that's not accurate to the one on the original. Of course, those triggers can always be swapped...

Thanks!

The CA is in .44 cal. The rifle is also correct, and is a .22 cal.

If you're looking to buy the CA, you'll want to get an older model. The new models have a different trigger that's not accurate to the one on the original. Of course, those triggers can always be swapped...

You can sometimes find these cheap at gun and knife shows. The next show in Raleigh is on November 20-21, 2010 in The Jim Graham building at The NC State Fairgrounds.

The next show in Charlotte will be October 23-24 2010 at The Metrolina Tradeshow Expo Center.

The Charter arms is chambered for a .44 special cartridge (will not chamber .44 magnum) and the rifle is .222 (note 3rd # 2) caliber which is not a common caliber. Charter Arms Bulldogs are fairly common and inexpensive, the Steyr SL in .222 is much less common and more expensive.

Bore sizes are essentially .44 and .22 as posted.

Yes, to Eltee you listen.

The rifle is find-able (I did) but you have to be willing to pay north of $1,000 for it most often (which I did, too).

Just curious; does anyone know where the amber handles are from? Are they from something like an arcade joystick or where they fabricated? I'm also curious about the origins of the cylinder pieces too.

It is possible the grips were inspired by the configuration of aftermarket grips that featured the finger contours, and the clear plastic grips on the innovative (at the time) ASP pistol. In my opinion, the Bladerunner pistol utilized so many clever and innovative features that it will remain as one of the most popular movie guns of all time. There are still some mysteries as to the design, such as how was it supposed to function? Revolver function seems straightforward, but what about the rifle and the mag under the barrel? Innovation, appealing design, mystery...all cool.

Some of the Bladerunner uber researchers may have some ideas as to the origins of the grips.

Thanks for the info, guys. Personally, it reminds me of a joystick from an arcade game, especially something like Tron:

TVERT_LRG.jpg

philippes once posted this--I don't remember the thread this was in, but saved the entire post as a JPG because of the image in it.

grip_post_by_philippes.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back