BARC Helmet kit Progress

Army Scout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of our talented member over on BSN (PGHFETT - Mike) made a BARC trooper helmet kit. This is a Fiberglass resin combo. Very sturdy and looks good out of the box.

I finally got some time to start working on mit. I spent about 3 hours cutting sanding and bondin. Layed a few coats of paint and here is what she looks like now...

gallery_1_3_11231.jpg

gallery_1_3_10131.jpg

gallery_1_3_11424.jpg

This kits has been a pleasure to work on. I am having a blast :) Forgot how much fun this is.

Now the paint scheme. I know Mike is doing the tan base coat, but I dont think its that dark. So am applying the standard gloss white. Once this is set, I will go over it with a tan wash, then camo it up then weather it. I need to hit the art supply store for some paints. So I thin I can have her ready in a week or so.

I'll keep everyone posted :)

Army Scout

That looks really good and very screen accurate. I think it's a great sculpt and you did an excellent job on it, so I hope no one takes offense - but I think (my opinion) that has to be the UGLIEST helmet design in the Star Wars universe. This one and the Beehive clone. What were they thinking?

<div class='quotetop'>(steveo @ Jun 27 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]1269317[/snapback]</div>
That looks really good and very screen accurate. I think it's a great sculpt and you did an excellent job on it, so I hope no one takes offense - but I think (my opinion) that has to be the UGLIEST helmet design in the Star Wars universe. This one and the Beehive clone. What were they thinking?
[/b]

I can understand why you might feel this way - but I have to say that the Parjai "beehive" bucket looks
great to me. Speaking of which if anyone knows of anybody who has made (or is making) a custom
please let me know.

The helmet is looking good so far.

I have to agree that it is not the nicest looking SW helmet ever but there are worse (ie: Rebel Trooper Helmet IMO)

<div class='quotetop'>(yodasan @ Jun 27 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]1269333[/snapback]</div>
[but I have to say that the Parjai "beehive" bucket looks
great to me. Speaking of which if anyone knows of anybody who has made (or is making) a custom
please let me know.
[/b]

You could look over at clonetroopers.net or maybe ask this guy http://www.shortimer52.com/BeehiveDomain.html as he has one.

Also, I recently saw a beehive in ebay (just google it) but it didn't look too good.

chris,

looking realy good and sharpe, but from the pics is the helmet got deep scrathes already done on the helmet?

Looks great. Is the eyepiece a little low, or is that just a trick of the angle? The eyepeice in the movie seems unnaturally high (for a human, anyway).

<div class='quotetop'>(cayman shen @ Jun 28 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1270342[/snapback]</div>
Looks great. Is the eyepiece a little low, or is that just a trick of the angle? The eyepeice in the movie seems unnaturally high (for a human, anyway).
[/b]

Hehe, it has to be lower, otherwise we could not see out of it :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back