Bane. An extremely loose interpretation.

infymys

Sr Member
Since my Guy Manuel helmet got FUBAR'd due to a freak rainstorm, I only had a few days to get something done for this weekend's Wizard World in Chicago. Short on funds and materials, I was inspired by Demolition's build and decided to make my own Bane mask using extra foam and materials I have laying around.

However, I have a soft spot for the comics version of Bane, particularly the one from Knightfall but I also love TDKR Bane and his mask. So, I decided to combine the two. So obviously, I cannot claim any type of screen or print accuracy but I would like to think that the finished product will be unmistakable as to what it is.

I forgot to take pics of early WIP but I will start off with this:

View attachment 107065 View attachment 107066

View attachment 107067 View attachment 107068

It is made out of EVA foam mats initially using a Noob Saibot PDO template and everything else was freehand, then coated with PVA glue then polyurethane spray. A couple of coats of primer filler and I then sealed the many, many gaps with vinyl spackle and some sanding with medium grit and another coat of primer.
The "hoses" are RCA cables and a plastic ribbed hose I found in the tool shed.

I have gotten a lot more progress done but will post at later time (sleep beckons). I am confident I will have it complete for this weekend's convention. Questions, constructive criticism, comments are welcome and encouraged.

Last edited:
not bad i made one too. but i used 6mm foam and plasti dip. for the black finish. for the rear capsules i sculpted but when i baked them they melted. i had no idea i grabbed the wrong clay so i didnt use it for the premiere.. but yours looks close to mine. good job.

And continuing on to get this done before this weekend. After some mild sanding, I had to think on how to incorporate the comics version of Bane into the build. I had some foam/rubber material left over from a long term WIP build that I'm doing and made the eye holes and then attached them to the mask:

View attachment 107197 View attachment 107198 View attachment 107199

A couple coats of black spray paint:

View attachment 107200 View attachment 107201

Add some white spray paint:

View attachment 107202 View attachment 107203

Somehow it all looked off and then I realized the eye area was missing the white, so I remedied that problem:

View attachment 107204 View attachment 107205 View attachment 107206

That's it for now as I tackle the lenses for the eyes.

Thanks for the comments!

Trying to figure out how to do the lenses took some brainstorming and browsing through the aisles of Party City. Was thinking of using red cellophane but thought it might be too flimsy and then I found this:

View attachment 107240

Removed the lenses and voila!:

View attachment 107241 View attachment 107242

That's pretty much it so far. I'm currently debating on if I should try to add a venom tube or not. Currently rummaging through my closet to see if I can complete the rest of the outfit. Will post when I do!

Thanks for the comments!

Trying to figure out how to do the lenses took some brainstorming and browsing through the aisles of Party City. Was thinking of using red cellophane but thought it might be too flimsy and then I found this:

View attachment 107240

Removed the lenses and voila!:

View attachment 107241 View attachment 107242

That's pretty much it so far. I'm currently debating on if I should try to add a venom tube or not. Currently rummaging through my closet to see if I can complete the rest of the outfit. Will post when I do!

it looks really good so far. I believe it would look even better if you painted the tubes metallic gray and add some weathering to the white area.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back