Bandai release schedule

Luke's cheeks look a little like how my daughter's did the first time she tried out make-up in middle school. :lol
Holiday Special Luke?

34bef295c1cb1a18827f921a0c306e6621408d6d.jpg

That large ISD is not the same one that was making the rounds earlier- it is only partially finished and some of the detail such as the broadside turbolasers look odd.
It also seems to be a more manageable size for a possible kit than the big lighted display version which acted as a center piece for shows last year...

That large ISD is not the same one that was making the rounds earlier- it is only partially finished and some of the detail such as the broadside turbolasers look odd.
It also seems to be a more manageable size for a possible kit than the big lighted display version which acted as a center piece for shows last year...

Yep, it most definitely looks like it’s a work in progress. I’m wondering what’s up with the larger AT-AT. Or whether that’s the 1/144 and the smaller one is a new kit. Or something else entirely. Need to look at the photos on a bigger screen when I get home later.

Looking again at the photos the ISD has a two part hull similar to the Zvezda with a cleaver dorsal cover to hide most of the seam- I do think this is a kit prototype in the making.
The ATATs are a ponder. If the smaller one is the 1:144 the larger one does not quite look twice the size to make it 1:72 as expected unless the camera lens is distorting things a bit. Bandai does keep to standard sizes so a 1:72 ATAT makes product sense. If the larger one is the already released 1:144 then the smaller one is odd- possibly a 1:288 but unless a big Hoth diorama is being considered that small of a kit is strange...

That star destroyer may not be a kit but I'm certain it's only a matter of time before Bandai announces a Perfect Grade SD. They're bound to do another PG kit at some point and I can't think of another Star Wars subject that would be as sure fire a hit. Two to three years, tops.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

The last non-Gundam Perfect Grade kit before the MF was the EVA Unit-01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion waaaay back in 1997. Add the fact that they just released the PG Exia last December and the PG Astray Red Frame Kai last month, I expect at least 1-2 more Gundam PGs before they do another Star Wars PG.

Besides they should make more figure kits; I'm still waiting for a 1/6 Grievous, dangit.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

The last non-Gundam Perfect Grade kit before the MF was the EVA Unit-01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion waaaay back in 1997.

But Bandai didn't have the Star Wars license during all those years. They may decide things differently based on the profitability of their individual licenses. Bandai has only had the Star Wars license since mid-2014. It took them a little over 3 years to release a PG kit. Not saying you're wrong, but in this case the past doesn't necessarily have to be prologue.

If we haven't heard of a PG star destroyer by June1st 2021, I will happily admit my prediction was wrong! :lol

Hey, I wouldn't mind a Star Destroyer PG too; in fact I would buy it over the Millennium Falcon PG. I'm just saying that the Gundam license has been a guaranteed money printer for Bandai longer than Star Wars has been, and it wouldn't really be surprising if they focused on it more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back