Bandai 1/144 Solo Millennium Falcon

Analyzer

Master Member
I love that they did an interior for this and wish they would have done the same for the regular Falcon

They did cut a bit of corners detail wise though by not having the hallways extend out.

I have seen some excellent Shapeways upgrades for this, but I wanted this to be a quick build and did not feel like spending lots of time upgrading stuff

So I opted for trying to paint the hallways using the Trompe-l'œil illusion technique

While it is not perfect, it is good enough for what little you will see of it

P8052320 (2).JPG

P8052332 (2).JPG

It is hard to get good photos of it, but I did add some lighting

P8222369 (2).JPG

Normally I opt to paint stuff, but in this case, again I wanted a quick out of the box build and did not feel like spending all that time masking things off so I gave the Bandai decals a try. They worked out nicely with judicious use of Micro Sol and Micro Set to get them to conform to details

P8222365 (2).JPG

It is hard to get good photos of it, but I did add some lighting

View attachment 1610600

Normally I opt to paint stuff, but in this case, again I wanted a quick out of the box build and did not feel like spending all that time masking things off so I gave the Bandai decals a try. They worked out nicely with judicious use of Micro Sol and Micro Set to get them to conform to details

View attachment 1610601
Your build is looking great, and the interior is beautifully painted. Any updates on the model? Have you finished the model, or at least added weathering on it yet?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back