Bandai 1/144 Millenium Falcon slow build.

Great work. When you get to the cockpit don't forget to round off the front seat backs!!

Attachments

• 1205151911.jpg
    1205151911.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 1205151917.jpg
    1205151917.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 228
I have been following all these Bandai Falcon builds closely and will start mine soon but here is what has happened more then once after seeing the stunning transformations from Pinousse, Jaitea, sqbiedoo, Robiwon & MANY others..... I look at the pictures get excited and think I am ready but then I open the box and BAM....the thing is twice as small as the images on the computer!! I then sigh and put it back and think.....Let me follow some more post.....

I have been following all these Bandai Falcon builds closely and will start mine soon but here is what has happened more then once after seeing the stunning transformations from Pinousse, Jaitea, sqbiedoo, Robiwon & MANY others..... I look at the pictures get excited and think I am ready but then I open the box and BAM....the thing is twice as small as the images on the computer!! I then sigh and put it back and think.....Let me follow some more post.....

Brace yourself :thumbsup

And we are here to help if you need it ;)

Leap of faith is what you should do, I know it's scary stuff cutting up that nice little Falcon so start small. I follow some grand master of Falcons here as well but you have to start somewhere right? Messing up a bit is a good thing :D the best way to learn and like Pinousse said.... We're here to share and help.
Hope to see your Falcon soon

Leap of faith is what you should do, I know it's scary stuff cutting up that nice little Falcon so start small. I follow some grand master of Falcons here as well but you have to start somewhere right? Messing up a bit is a good thing :D the best way to learn and like Pinousse said.... We're here to share and help.

+1 all day long :lol

Start with the larger sections like the hull, you'll be drawn naturally down the detail rabbit hole

That's too bad but be patient, someone is going to make it soon enough. :thumbsup

I'm trying some DIY etching for the first time for mine using toner transfer method... So far I have a pile of mangled bits of brass sheet, but I'll post some photos of my experiments at some point.

I'm trying some DIY etching for the first time for mine using toner transfer method... So far I have a pile of mangled bits of brass sheet, but I'll post some photos of my experiments at some point.

Sounds promising. Hope it's going the right way.

You don't have to mod the heck out of it, or add lights, or aftermarket parts. Just build it out of the box and give it your best paint job. Once you have it built then you can decide if you want to build another with all the bells and whistles.

This is something I always wondered about, don't throw out your scrap , star destroyers and death stars under construction need details :D

You don't have to mod the heck out of it, or add lights, or aftermarket parts. Just build it out of the box and give it your best paint job. Once you have it built then you can decide if you want to build another with all the bells and whistles.

This. I'm building my first one out-of-box.
I can always build another if I'm not happy with it. The kit's only 40 clams.

I think I will take this advice! Thank You.

Talking about "mod the heck out of it", after seeing Jaitea doing the ANH mod thing I couldn't sleep, thanks John :lol
Anyways, my topic name says nothing about TFA Falcon, it's just Bandai Falcon soooo... Let mod it to ANH one.
Past the piont of no return..

Printed out a mask for guidance.

Going to use those original boxes with some extention.

Cutting of outer rim..

Extended..

Adding greebies taken from the other box..

Greebies will be taken from these parts too as I have no use for them.

Starboard side box Finnish too with a lot of new greebies so it not mirrored anymore.

Next: panel plates.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back