Bandai 1/12 C3P0 LED eyes

Shiva71

Hi
Just found this, managed to get a single diode into the head of a Bandai 1/12 C3PO. I have a matching R2D2, that would be cool to get him lit up too :)
Both these models are from Aliexpress, branded as Nuclear Models but they seem identical to the Bandai, they are really good quality.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20210327_124718.jpg
    20210327_124718.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 109
Very cool.
I wish I had the skill to add LEDs to my kits, but with my multiple hobbies I've been stubborn about not jumping into another "branch" of the hobby that requires learning a new intricate skill.

I know that's so lazy, and seeing posts like this makes me want to leap so much.

Love it.

Very cool.
I wish I had the skill to add LEDs to my kits, but with my multiple hobbies I've been stubborn about not jumping into another "branch" of the hobby that requires learning a new intricate skill.

I know that's so lazy, and seeing posts like this makes me want to leap so much.

Love it.
Yeah it took a bit of filing inside to create the space, the diode was cut from a roll/strip LED...pretty fiddly but it managed it :)

Well - not identical, as such. They're unauthorized Chinese copies of the Bandai kits.
Ok, but like i say these are really good quality, theres a C3PO, R2D2 (which comes with a R5) and a trooper, prices are good but shipping is expensive...

When I did mine I found that the eyes were too bright so I had to add more resistors to drag it down. I can’t tell from the picture if you’re having that issue or not

You can buy pre-wired led kits, just hook a battery or other dc source and off to the races. Easy peasy and knock your skills up a notch!

It's a total clone ripoff of the Bandai kit even the box and instructions are identical Lol.

Attachments

• maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 95

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back