BadBlood wins at Wondercon

ptgreek

So on a whim, I decided to enter the masquerade competition at Wondercon. This was the first time costuming at a con for me. I twas a blast!...over 2000 in attendance and alot of cool costumes. (ill post pics of a full Godzilla suit that this guy made from foam he found on the side of the road...amazing)

I'm gonna say this flat out ...Pete Mander...you are the man and are the deserving recipient of the award that I won...I may have played the predator part, but you get the award for best craftmanship. (and were noted as the designer in the entry)

The crowd roared for the suit when I took the stage

Ill post pics as soon as I get them....my friends shot about an hour of video of the show and all the action backstage in the "green room" so I'm sure we will edit something together

Ptgreek,

Wahooo! Congratulations!!!! o_O

Predators RULE!

Post those pix and video, we-all are looking forward to 'em

---
Ei'luj

Congrats. I just finished casting your Scuba Bio. Hopefully its perfect. then u can wear it on your next costume contest.

pics are starting to come in ...here's one

wonderc1.jpg

...and Mike ...I cant wait

....and..a whole bunch more

prize.jpg

constage2.jpg

switching the weapons up a bit

2claws.jpg

con6.jpg

constage.jpg

My new friend ...Godzilla ( the only other guy to sweat as much as I did in costume)

zilla.jpg

G I Joe group complete with twins

cobra.jpg

an amazing Bumblebee costume

bb.jpg

surprisingly, Bumblebee was a no show at the contest. That pic was from in the con itself...the whole suit was foam core ...and the dude inside was rail skinny

Why wouldn't the guy dressed as Snake-Eyes go as Storm Shadow? I've seen the Bumblebee costume in videos from last years comic con. That godzilla looks awesome.

Surprised Godzilla didn't win the contest that costume is awesome and is that seriously made out of foam o_O ?

Your predator is unique and ****ing awesome

the cobra thing was all part of a stage act...all of them vs snake-eyes..pretty cool...set to the old cartoon theme

..Godzilla won best re-creation...they had different categories ...yup ..all foam ...cut up with a kitchen knife...painted with exterior house paint and a brush and sculpy for claws and teeth

...and the dude inside was rail skinny

Just like me! There's a costume I could do.

The JOE group looks great (being a JOE costumer myself), that Godzilla looks great, and Pete's Predator still looks great. Awesome showing all around.

I dig Pete's ingenius way of using other parts and making them fit together. Like how the front of the Bad Blood shin armor is AVP belly armor, and the belt is also cut up AVP belly armor.

Congrats on your win !!! o_O

I know the twins! That group looks sweet!
Also that Snake Eye's is sweet!

Great job on the win your suit looks sweet!

Congrats on the win :)
Pete mander sure can make a mean suit.
You were up against some cool costumes,..but never under estimate the pulling power of a Predator suit!
Well done

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back