Bad Blood

I personally don't really like bad bloods. I think they are cool and everything... but if I were a predator... I couldn't kill my own kind. I love how crazy they are but I don't kill my own people. However... I read somewhere in this thread that there is an elite or special group that hunts down the bad bloods? Is this true? I don't know much about this topic but I WOULD however be a sort of "Bounty Hunter" in the pred world hahaha

I personally don't really like bad bloods. I think they are cool and everything... but if I were a predator... I couldn't kill my own kind. I love how crazy they are but I don't kill my own people. However... I read somewhere in this thread that there is an elite or special group that hunts down the bad bloods? Is this true? I don't know much about this topic but I WOULD however be a sort of "Bounty Hunter" in the pred world hahaha

In the Pred World, the Arbitrator is the one that hunts down the Bad Bloods. "HONOURED class Yautja (those who have earned more kills than the average hunter, and are skilled in all ways) and ARBITRATORS (Yautja law enforcement, mainly consisting of Elders who are bored with the hunt) are allowed to eliminate the outcasts on sight. Bad Bloods are never accepted back and travel aimlessly. Some are evil, hunting and slaying anything alive - even other Yautja."

Here's a site with a lot of Pred-info too:

http://www.jokerdesigns.com/thehunted/yautja/index.php

Some bad bloods may be serial killers, mass murders, etc... but maybe some are more like the Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight . Not just a killer, but a "thinking killer". Perhaps there was no dishonor at all in some bad bloods. Perhaps they just got to involved in the hunt itself. What greater prey is there....then the hunter himself?

Some bad bloods may be serial killers, mass murders, etc... but maybe some are more like the Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight . Not just a killer, but a "thinking killer". Perhaps there was no dishonor at all in some bad bloods. Perhaps they just got to involved in the hunt itself. What greater prey is there....then the hunter himself?

Well, see, that's an interesting twist...

Thats some pretty wicked stuff Munson. I dig it. Are predators from one clan considered bad bloods if they kill others from another clan? Kinda like the feud in Predators?

I think that Hot Toys should make a set of Bad Blood Preds, i would buy them, heck any pred that Hot Toys makes sells out
Why Not RIGHT???

I concur with this part greatly. The one thing that disturbed me the most about the Predator wasn’t that he was killing men, but that he possessed this intelligence and awareness. I found it creepy.
Since his existence; mankind had enjoyed the security of feeling that he was the very panicle of creation or whatever. That there was none higher, more intelligent. Mankind saw himself as somehow ‘set -apart’ form all other life forms in that he was superior …then along comes some being like the Predator and topples this whole mindset.. lol
~Estelle

I think there was an underlying political message to this. Remember, back in 1987 when P1 was made, the Cold War was raging, and the US was involved in brutal civil wars in El Salvador and Nicaragua. Many in the US--and certainly our military leaders--viewed the US as unbeatable and supreme. And here we had a movie in which the US Special Forces, the "best of the best of the best", was being beaten handily by something that hunted them like rabbits.

In the Reagan/Bush years, that was a very powerful (and very timely) message.

i have to disagree, you see in every day life 99% of people are civilised beings but there are the few among us who are not so civilised, serial killers, mass murderers,rapists etc so why not have these type of people in predator culture, you see i hate it when people try think of predators as all the same, hunt the same,think the same ,same set of morals, i like the differences in the predators gives them character and personality rather than being "same old predator"

But of course movies are metaphors, and so is the predator. They are not wildlife documentaries or cultural studies.

Most people of course do not see (or even look for) the metaphors that the filmmakers put there (and that generally goes for ANY movie, not just Pred). Most people do indeed view the Preds as simply really cool-looking bad-ass tough-guy critters that kill in really cool ways (which is why so many of us are enamored of the "predator versus" kind of threads--it's all just about who can beat up who in the most cool way).

The filmmakers, of course, intended far more than that. P1 in particular had a metaphorical message. One that, alas, seems to be getting more and more lost as the later movies in the series cater to the superficial and just become standard slasher movies.

That was why P1 was such a classic movie for me--it had a message amidst its sci-fi, a message that is still just as relevant today as it was back in 1987.

That is why, I think, no future Pred movie will ever compare to P1.

I think that bad blood characters are a cool idea. However I do not like them. In fact I dislike them. They are nothing but what we humans would call criminals. They are murders, thieves, scumbags, lowlife criminals. They are nothing!
They deserve to be hunted down, killed or imprisoned. But as a whole, they do make a good twist to the movies :D Like the theory about the P3 predators being badbloods (a theory that I believe in).
If I was a yautja myself, I would support having them hunted down just like I, as a human, support the police hunting down criminals.
But either way, no matter how its twisted and turned. I will always like the honorable yautjas a lot more. They are still scary, but in a different way. Beside, as one other has already stated.. It has gotten seriously old with the serial killer themed movies.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back