Back to the Future

Roland I'm having trouble trying to print this in photoshop.Any help on how to print this cover in photoshop would be very helpful.First off can I print these on two 8.5 x 11 us paper?

-Mike

Roland I'm having trouble trying to print this in photoshop.Any help on how to print this cover in photoshop would be very helpful. ...

It's a PDF. You don't need Photoshop. You need a PDF-reader such as Adobe Reader.

... First off can I print these on two 8.5 x 11 us paper?

Yes, you can. But it will be cropped (when printed in full size) or scaled down. To print it uncropped in full size, you need two US-Tabloid sheets (17 x 11 inches) or two A3 sheets (42 x 29.7 cm). And of course, you need a printer, that is able to print such large sheets. ;)

Roland, what is exactly the book you use?
Does it already have an ISBN number on it?

It's "Maugham, A Biography" by Ted Morgan, ISBN 0-671-24077-3.

But as I said: it's a bit smaller than the one they used in the movie (or maybe I made my dust jacket too large). Maybe I will look for another book.

I've just found a hi-res photo of the dust jacket on Flickr. It's from the Comic Con. As you can see on my cutting of that photo, there is a seam at the left and a bump at the right side of the spine. That's the final proof, that the original prop also consists of two glued parts.

attachment.php

Today I've got this book (thanks Daniel (DB537) for finding it)! Guess what's gonna be one of my next free downloadable PDF's in the usual quality! ;)

The PDF will come with a guide how to make the silver reflective cover yourself (it's not so difficult if you have the right equipment). And of course it will NOT be a recast of another forum member's work.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you for everything you contribute to the forum such as the clock tower flyer,match made in space cover ect.The level of accuracy you bring to the table has me amazed.I literally went out and bought a nice printer to print these awesome files you share with us.thanks again roland :)

P.s. save the clock tower can label ;)

Mmm, I think I'm able to tackle this one. It's just a matter of finding the correct fonts.

The SAVE THE... font is "De Vinne", I think:

DeVinne.gif

The bottom font is a little harder to find... Didn't find an exact match yet... The top font is the italic version of the bottom font, I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the S is different. I just noticed that the font of the top and bottom are not the same:
The R is different (straight "leg" on top, bended "leg" at the bottom).

The top font is "Futura ND Cn SC OsF Bold Oblique", I think...

Don't worry, guys. The clock tower can is also on my list. :) The list is as follows:

1.) Grays Sports Almanac (with do-it-yourself guide for the reflective cover)
2.) Doc's grave photos
3.) 1885 clock frame (real wood and pewter - for sale in the JY)
4.) "Blast from the Past" bag (do-it-yourself guide and -perhaps- a sale)
5.) Clock tower can label
6.) Doc's 1885 letter and envelope
7.) "Biff Co." museum ticket and bar service tab
8.) Blue "Paradox" crew shirt with "Biff Co. Recreation and Leisure" logo (perhaps with sale in the JY)

... and that is not the end. :D

... The SAVE THE... font is "De Vinne", I think: ...

Good find. It's very similar. Not bold enough and the "R" is slightly different, but that's no problem for me. ;)

First quick try for the Clock Tower Can. Only the bottom part of the text is missing and the alignment can be a bit better. The fonts are not 100% correct, but at least 95%. If someone can povide me with better fonts, I'd be happy to try these and post the results... I still have no clue about the font at the bottom :(.

Similar fonts like De Vinne: http://www.identifont.com/find?similar=De+Vinne&q=Go
Scotch Micro comes close too...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back