Back to the Future

I'm also glad to hear that. Thank you, Brad. :)

... I still feel you should have continued your sale thread as many would want to have ready made replicas. Either ways I am sending you the original scan, if you choose to improve on your cover replica as well or keep it as a backup.

Why to reinvent the wheel? I have a better idea: Brad could use my finished replica for his sale. I have no problems with that. I'm sure, there will be still some people without printers, who would buy it.

Brad, are you able to print the dust jacket in full size without to crop the white flaps? The paper size of my PDF is 24 x 18 inch.

Brad, are you able to print the dust jacket in full size without to crop the white flaps? The paper size of my PDF is 24 x 18 inch.

Unfortunately no but we should be able to get these printed somewhere since it is not technically a real book.

I searched on Amazon for a suitable book for the dust jacket. I found a lot of books with the correct dimensions of 9.6 x 6.4 x 2.1 inches. Unfortunately no one of them has the correct colors. So I ordered one that is blue: "Mogham: A Biography" written by Ted Morgan, hardcover edition from 1980.

Amazon.com: Maugham (9780671240776): Ted morgan: Books

On Amazon you can see just the dust jacket of the book. The book himself is blue coloured. I bought a used book on german Amazon, so I paid just 4 Euro (about 5.25 Dollars) shipped. Should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I'll see whether it's really suitable or not. :)

Mmm, didn't realize the cover was bigger than A3. Unfortunately that's the biggest I can print. I think I'm going to split the cover up: the spine and front on one page, and where the picture of George McFly starts (the back) on another page. Than it can't be too dificult to glue the back to the front part to create one big cover... I hope... ;-)

If Roland gives me his permission, I'd be happy to post this two part cover here (you will have to print it on two A3's), with an overlap part on the front, so you can glue the back on.

... If Roland gives me his permission, I'd be happy to post this two part cover here (you will have to print it on two A3's), with an overlap part on the front, so you can glue the back on.

You mean like that:

A3 size: A_Match_Made_In_Space_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A3.pdf
US-Tabloid size: A_Match_Made_In_Space_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_US-Tabloid.pdf

:)

I've just taken a closer look at the original dust jacket (on screen caps, auction photos and exhibition catalogs). It seams, that it's also just glued together from two parts: spine panel, front panel and front flap is the one part, rear panel and rear flap is the other part.

PDF preview:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Héhé, indeed, something like that. I'd consider to have the part where you have to glue it, not on the fold itself, but somewhere on the back (I was thinking about the place where the actual picture of Geogre starts at the right side, this will make the place where the two parts meet, less noticable, I think, since it's just on the border of that photograph).

Héhé, indeed, something like that. I'd consider to have the part where you have to glue it, not on the fold itself, but somewhere on the back (I was thinking about the place where the actual picture of Geogre starts at the right side, this will make the place where the two parts meet, less noticable, I think, since it's just on the border of that photograph).

I understand your intention. But the top and bottom borders of the photograph don't touch the borders of the page. So I think, the glued point would be less visible, if it's at the fold. And it would be more screen accurate:

back-future-21604_0813_2_lg.jpg-87469d1331915297

Yep, seems like it. Roland, you're right about the picture. I thought it was over the whole length of the back, but it isn't, so indeed you would see a seem. Maybe it's best to glue it like the original.

So Roland,
Can you make the back cover extend further and transition into the spine? That way when we glue the two parts together it will have the same spine coloring.

Last edited:
Great! Those last PDF's are just what I was thinking about too (let the spine art continue for the left part of the cover, so it overlaps when glued on). Great work, Roland!

Today I've learned something: never trust the indications of size on book store websites! My ordered book has arrived this morning and ... it's smaller than expected. As indicated by Amazon, the book should have been 9.6 x 6.4 x 2.1 inches. But it's just 9.5 x 6.3 x 1.9 inches.

Anyway! That size is not really bad. It seems, that the original dust jacket was made for that size, because now the texts at the spine and at the front panel are centered. Look at the photos I've made. They used the wrong book in the movie!!! :p :D

attachment.php

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back