Back to the Future - OUTATIME Plates from Original Maker

Came across this in one of the BTTF facebook groups today, in case some of you want to see the the shape of the borders of the screen used plates.

41184362_157790181769787_2879654329336201216_o.jpg

Came across this in one of the BTTF facebook groups today, in case some of you want to see the the shape of the borders of the screen used plates.

I think this will be the best option, since the older style blanks like those aren't available anymore.

EHP Blank.jpg

Since I have two extra plates, I'll be listing one in the Junkyard later tonight, (the one in the photo from the first post) if anyone wants to get one ahead of the run. (That one is sold) I'll be listing my other spare plate on eBay soon.

Last edited:
so the screen used plates were never stamped?!

Only the recessed/debossed borders and the areas for the registration stickers were stamped on the original blanks.
Unfortunately, the new blanks no longer have the areas for the registration stickers, but it's not really noticeable on screen.

Roland is correct. The blue OUTATIME letters were die cut from adhesive-backed cardstock, and the red and yellow details are printed on clear vinyl.
The vinyl is trimmed very close to the edge of the design to blend in better. The registration stickers go on last, after everything is clear coated. From the front they looks as good as real stamped plates on camera.

Interest list has been updated. I will probably split the list into 2 separate orders if it gets over 30. Still no estimate on when the orders will be placed due to the Covid / Coronavirus quarantine and shutdown. But I'll be ready to make the order as soon as everything returns to normal.

Payment is not required until I get ready to order, but you can pre-pay and reserve your spot for the first group if you want, for $100 in the US, or $120 for all others. My paypal is drbramblett@gmail.com

Last edited:
From the image on your payment avatar, are you thinking about making the BTTF II future license plate too?

I made one for myself, but the silver vinyl is very hard to work with because it is easily scratched, and any kind of clear coat turns the silver white.
I could ask EHP about doing some barcode plates. They did the originals for part 2. But it might cost more because of the issues with the vinyl.

Yes. I'll include a reprint of the original EHP invoice and a certificate/document with information about the plates.

Here is a photo of the other style of blanks that are available for plates. I believe that these are closer in appearance to the 1980s blanks.
This is the back of a different prop plate, but California plates and the original props have recessed borders that would look similar to this.

Which type do you prefer?

View attachment 1277102

As close to original screen used as possible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back